JamesGG featured in April YIP magazine ...

Somersoft's own James Gatherum-Goss is featured in the April issue of Your Investment Property magazine in a "Power of Positive Cash Flow" article.
He's in there alongside other big names such as Somers and Lomas.
Well done James and thanks for sharing your wisdom!

Lol, thank guys. Hardly featured though, just quoted once or twice with gems such as 'ensuring that your rent is higher than your interest is a good start' when looking for positively geared property. I'm sure that anyone here could have contributed something of value.

I'll have to get a copy and see what they ended up including. Thanks for the reminder, guys, and the kind words.

OK, dumb question, but where do YIP and API get the people they "feature" or "interview"? (And no, I don't want to be included ;))

Particularly in API, in the "states" section...

John X. Lives in A Suburb, Invests in A Suburb. Properties: 1. "I chose to buy and live in A Suburb because..."

Just because someone buys to live in A Suburb, doesn't make them an investor in my view...

The editors and journos seek them out on forums like this one and a lot of people take their story to the magazines to see if it's of interest to them.

Don't think I've ever read YIP....how long has it been around?

Not sure, but it used to not compete very well with API. They have put a lot of effort into improving the quality of the content over the past year.
I like the current content.
Yes, they do accept the occassional contribution from me, but even without my work, it's still a good mag in it's current format.

What about the article on "refinancing tricks" on page 36? Or do I have a "special" edition of the April YIP mag?.....or is there another Rob Williams?

What about the article on "refinancing tricks" on page 36? Or do I have a "special" edition of the April YIP mag?.....or is there another Rob Williams?

Oh, that one. Actually, I thought I had a special edition. I didn't realise it had been released yet.
I felt special. Until now :(

OK, dumb question, but where do YIP and API get the people they "feature" or "interview"? (And no, I don't want to be included ;))

Particularly in API, in the "states" section...

John X. Lives in A Suburb, Invests in A Suburb. Properties: 1. "I chose to buy and live in A Suburb because..."

Just because someone buys to live in A Suburb, doesn't make them an investor in my view...

lol .... funny you should ask that! I will be in the "states" section of the API magazine in April. I was contacted through this forum...and yes...I will be buying my first investment property ;)

It is funny how journos track you down. I have been tweeting property investing stuff @renoqueen and @sbsps for some time when the Deputy Editor of API tweeted me for some comments last year and then for subsequently editions. So be careful what you write on the web you never know when it will come back.

Another example BRW mag (out this 18th Mar) rang to ask me some questions from the journo seeing me in YIP as Aust Mort Broker of the Yr, as voted by their online subscribers (yep shocked me too). Incidentially not having being a contributor or advertiser in YIP that came as a huge surprise, actually I asked if there were other nominees when they rang to tell me. I think that distressed them somewhat.

So my thoughts like property investing - you don't know where a simple path will lead you, and if like me you jump on the internet to look at a property and then 4 hours later realised you have missed dinner you know what I mean.

Jane

Back