JamesGG featured in April YIP magazine ...

Lisa your Ph D study looks really interesting.

My gut feel would be most investors start out DIY and then decide they need professional help and then get disillusioned when they cant find Fin Planners or accountants who can talk about property as part of a mixed investmetn strategy or who dont have as much info as they do personally. Hence most investors stay DIY.

Is this similar to what you are finding?

Jane

Lisa your Ph D study looks really interesting.

My gut feel would be most investors start out DIY and then decide they need professional help and then get disillusioned when they cant find Fin Planners or accountants who can talk about property as part of a mixed investmetn strategy or who dont have as much info as they do personally. Hence most investors stay DIY.

Is this similar to what you are finding?

Jane

Thanks Jane. While I am still in the process of conducting my field work, the initial findings suggest that most people are already disillusioned with the financial planning industry before they decide to do-it-themselves.

Rob's getting closer and closer to the centrefold spread at YIP :D

Lol, i'm sure they'll sell plenty more mags if he was done up like the centrefolds in FHM.......I'd buy it :p Kidding, kidding!!! No offence Rob!

Seriously though, congrats James, can't wait to see what you've said :)

Back