Joomla Developers - any recommendations?

Given there is a few IT types around thought I'd ask.
We're struggling a bit (to say the least) with our current Joomla guy. Stuff that should take 24hours max to get done (minor in his words) is taking up to two weeks to even get an answer back from him on.
This is just about killing our business and is becoming a major choke point.
What was promised etc is not getting delivered.

So if anyone has any rec's for Joomla'ites would be much appreciated.

Hi Mooze

Joomla can be a real pain in the a** but depending on the complexity of the changes, you might be able to do them yourself.

Are the changes difficult?

There are heaps of tutorials and forums that can help you along.

Cheers

Jamie

Hey PB - I'm aware there are other options out there, Joomla is what we chose in the start and whilst we may progress to another format in future, it is what we need to work with currently. Any suggestions on what we could look at in future ?

Jamie - Ta - unfortunately we don't even have the admin passwords - they're with our developer (yep forehead slap here). If we can get them back I'm more than willing to have a go (hubby is an IT tester so must know something too ...). However it does also come down to needing that support for time being for things we can't figure out on our own or in some cases just don't have time for/can earn more money doing other things on the business if we have someone/some company that is reliable.

Given there is a few IT types around thought I'd ask.
We're struggling a bit (to say the least) with our current Joomla guy. Stuff that should take 24hours max to get done (minor in his words) is taking up to two weeks to even get an answer back from him on.
This is just about killing our business and is becoming a major choke point.
What was promised etc is not getting delivered.

So if anyone has any rec's for Joomla'ites would be much appreciated.

Maybe check out elance.com or one of those sites with lots of Indians and Russians offering cheap work. You can post a job for free , include a link to your site and ask if someone can replicate it. Here's some joomla experts:
http://www.elance.com/r/contractors/q-joomla/cat-web-programming
Just make sure you get the admin passwords as part of the agreement!
Here's some people who want some joomla work done:
http://www.elance.com/r/jobs/q-joomla/

Hey PB - I'm aware there are other options out there, Joomla is what we chose in the start and whilst we may progress to another format in future, it is what we need to work with currently. Any suggestions on what we could look at in future ?

It really depends on what your trying to achieve with your website.
Joomla is a PITA to use and means you need expensive geeks to develop/fix.
You can get overseas people to do good work for $20 or less an hour though on places like Elance.

I hear scarey stories every other day about people's developers running off mid-project, sometimes when they have been paid in advance, sometimes not. Makes me glad I do all my own websites and don't contract anyone else. But then the reverse applies, it is sometimes incredibly difficult to get paid for work done.

Also, use Drupal not Joomla :p

I charge the clients in 3 stages.
1. After the basic structure is completed – This is the hardest as all graphics , colours, formats, navigation style..etc need to come together.
2. Fully load the site with texts.
3. Transfer the site and control to the client.

Any party can pull the plug at any stage. Luckily the plug never has been plugged so far :)

Back