Just caught agents lying!

:D

lying agents are nothing new!, but I got a double whammy today

Properties are in NSW,
Property settled in Nov 2012, bought from Agency A, Advertising rental through Agency B,

Agency B have been trying to lease it out since Nov,

Today I try and get a 2nd opinion from agency C to see why it hasnt been rented,

they drop by Agency B and were told, "we havent ever had the keys since settlement"......this is after they have told me they have had a few enquires and opens

Agency A has confirmed by email that they dont have the keys and they gave it to me personally.................Ive never been to the area

Maybe the house is unlocked and by "they had opens" they just tell people to open the door!

First thing I do is get locks changed - done by me or by the appointed managing agent.

Did you expect any less?

After being through a couple of agencies many agents don't even know if they are Arthur or Martha.

That's why I just go by 'John' - it's much easier to remember :D

This is disgusting though, and I don't understand why people operate this way. Not only is it unethical and a blatantly obvious safety hazard, but it's also simply bad business. There really should be some sort of website or directory where you can write reviews/ratings on agents to warn others on what they can expect.

People use similar sites before choosing a dishwasher or kettle - I think there should be one available when choosing someone to manage your property.

As always, I’m sure there’s more to this story. A managing agent makes money by leasing properties. Why would they not chase up keys/access after two months? That makes no sense; unless you chosen a cowboy agent who charges no-frill rates or simply priced the property above market rent.

Or, maybe agent C is lying about agent A&B. So it’s really a triple whammy…

Agent A has been pretty poor in terms of communications, before settlement they were happy to let anyone through, however once they were told it was a different agency looking through it, they refused all access

Agent B has been ok, they are the biggest one in the area, my guess is they havent had any opens due to no interest

Agent C ive just started with them, so they have no reason to be dodgy, since I havent told them they've got it yet!

I will be hearing from Agency B today!

If I were to write a post every time a purchaser or vendor was to lie to me I would be on this forum a lot more.
A quick and most common example:

-Parents looking on behalf of kids claiming the home is actually for them
-Buyers giving incorrect budget and then they get angry when we don’t contact them about a property which we thought was well over their price range
-Vendors claiming they received offers from the previous agent
-Vendors telling us they have only been on the market for a few months when in actual fact it’s been a few years
-Buyers indicating they have approval when they don’t
-Buyers exaggerating pest/building reports in an effort to get a discount of the sale price
-Vendors telling us verandas/pools/rooms etc are council approved when they are not
-Buyers giving conditions such as short settlement, release of deposit in order to get offers accepted. But when it comes to exchange those conditions have somehow changed?
-And, the most common, vendors not disclosing termite damage (do they think it won’t be discovered?)

This list goes on. It’s not just the agent who can sometimes spin bull****. All sides do it; it’s the vicious and fun cycle of real estate. Personally, I don’t get upset when this happens, I’m used to it.

I get angrier when people tell me they know karate or talk about their cat.

what a mess
Agency A is now denying giving to me, and are saying that they dont know who they gave it to

followed by
Agency A saying they gave it to Agency B upon settlement

Agency B is now saying they explicitily have not been there to collect keys

plus I have my first application in 2 months as of today!

Back