Karratha gets a Hilton !

So can someone explain what does this mean??
Poor me, I was looking at properties in Karrathat when I could purchase at $150K and I would not buy, still kicking myself.

But I can not get over median at $1M where from here?? Amazing stuff, who would have thought Karratha..... :eek:

It means there is a stupid construction fueled bubble in Karratha that will fade as the major projects move from construction to operation and as the new housing development becomes available.

possibly - tho rents don't seem to be responding and aren't the issues that have locked up supply in karratha, being cyclonic building requirements, no land, no nearby towns

possibly - tho rents don't seem to be responding and aren't the issues that have locked up supply in karratha, being cyclonic building requirements, no land, no nearby towns

Mind you, 1500 lots coming on line in the next year or two will have an effect.

Just don't know by how much.

My guess is maybe up to a 20% dip or no change in all. Just don't see prices increasing for some time to come after the two year land release period.

Same goes for Port Hedland. Looking at population forecasts they a predicting a 10% dip around 2015 as some of the projects are completed and switch to an operational work force.

BUT, both Karratha and Port Hedland are being planned as 50,000 people regional cities, so there will always be demand keeping a floor for property prices and rents.

My guess is maybe up to a 20% dip or no change in all. Just don't see prices increasing for some time to come after the two year land release period.

given that T&R are running their ballot for OTP houses at higher than spot prices it seems the developers won't be the driving force in any price dip

Mind you, 1500 lots coming on line in the next year or two will have an effect.

Just don't know by how much.

Same goes for Port Hedland. Looking at population forecasts they a predicting a 10% dip around 2015 as some of the projects are completed and switch to an operational work force.

BUT, both Karratha and Port Hedland are being planned as 50,000 people regional cities, so there will always be demand keeping a floor for property prices and rents.

i think people need to understand Hedlands Amendment L22 to the town planning scheme and think forward as to how this will affect land prices.

considering it was page 2 news in South Korea and Beijing, one has to wonder why no-one here is talking about it.

The Hilton Doubletree are lower priced Hilton apartments with microwave, coffee machine etc. Hilton have a complete range including the Embassy suites with two rooms, then the Doubletree, usually one studio room, generally a buffet breakfast is supplied.

I can see they will do well

I stay at the Embassy Suites when I am in the USA, they are well priced, with buffet breakfast, Managers reception each evening and great service.

Chris

i think people need to understand Hedlands Amendment L22 to the town planning scheme and think forward as to how this will affect land prices.

considering it was page 2 news in South Korea and Beijing, one has to wonder why no-one here is talking about it.

You referring to Amendment No. 22????

Back