Keep PM or get a new one

Hi,

I'm in a situation where the management rights to the building has been taken over by a serviced apartment company. The building is in CBD Brisbane. The company stated that they can continue the PM role if the landlord wishes or go into their short letting pool.

This is the first experience I had and unsure how reliable their PM service is like. Wonder if anyone have experienced this and what did they do?

Should I wait and see what they are like or find another PM firm?

My property is out of lease and being listed.

Hi there
we have a property in Spring Hill which is also the subject of the management rights arrangement.
We actually went down to visit the managers to see whether we wanted to appoint them property managers.
I would say that you probably will do alright with the building managers as PM as they usually have a financial interest in getting the best deals for you if you want to put it into the short term letting pool. The other option would be to have a long term lease arrangement - once again the building manager will have a financial interest in the property.
I note that the managers we have had have been very interested in promoting the property to the best of their ability - to get the most returns for their investors (and ultimately themselves).
Why not go down and talk to them - interview them like you would any PM - and see if they will give you the best deal possible.
thanks

Why not go down and talk to them - interview them like you would any PM - and see if they will give you the best deal possible.
thanks

Thanks Raddles.

I will liaise with them via emails as I'm from a different state to where the property is. I see what outcomes I can get.

Back