KIT HOMES - what's available?

Hi

Has anyone bought a kit home before and what types are available?

I have done a google search and it seems like all of them supply the timber sides without cladding or insulation.

Is there anyone selling kit homes with complete walls so I don't have to install gyprock, insulation, flooring, fit windows etc?

thanks

Hey Bill, ask me tomorrow night.

I will discuss with you, I done my homework on kithomes and seem liek too much hard work compared to a cheap spec home. I am aware of somewhere you can get a 3 bedroom house built for $100k.

kithomes are like 55k + all other costs. for the finish i like thought of a brand new basic brick home without any dramas of organising it...

I have some links on my other computer, where you can get a cabin dropped off like 1 bedder for $25k + crane if you need crane access. This also is good idea. I got a few I want to do but have put into the park basket/too hard/no time at this stage. i want to get around to doing atleast one of them shortly, once i clear some of my reno schedule.

Hi BV,

Firstly they are a KIT home (Requires some assembly ;):D)

I've never used a kit home, but it's impractical to supply pre made walls with cladding, insulation, windows and internal plaster fitted. You need to get plumbing and wiring through them as well.

There are companies around that will build to lock up stage, which is roof on, ext cladding and windows etc. These can sound pretty cheap but then you need plumbing, electrical, plastering, insulation internal doors etc plus kit and bathroom fit outs.

Sorry that sounds like a waffel, but if you have more specific questions i will try to answer.:)

Guys, what actually is a kit home? Do they provide pre fabricated elements or do they just provide all of the materials that you need and you still have to build it all from scratch?

Tools

Back