labor are doing something about house prices

I didn't know that, thankyou. I'll polish up my knowledge on the specifics (I've been meaning to, but you know how it is - too much to learn, not enough hours in the day :))

Many unfortunately learn the super entitlement issue for employee contractors the hard way.

It can turn into a significant liability if left for a few years for several employees.

I think you are in professional services so might be sweet, not sure. Your contractors potentially take on their own PI insurance plus take on liability for the work?

I think there is a requirement if they are to be considered contractors that they must be bringing more than just their services to the table. Things like PI insurance, a computer, software etc would help get them over the line as full contractors. Paying them $80.00 an hour and saying $40.00 is for your time $40.00 if for everything else would further reinforce this if it ever came to a claim for super later.

Cannot do that with labourers. A tool belt and wire reel does not make a contractor even in my overly liberal sense of it unfortunately.

Back