Ladders

Google telescopic ladders - you'd be able to fit one of them on a plane with a little luck.

You can also get them with special joints allowing them to be either straight or bend in half as a step ladder (I think they call them 'tripple use' or something).

Best of luck!

Yeah was just a thought.

I may buy one to be delivered free in South QLD - then take it to North QLD where I will leave it in the shed.

Then I will use CJay's ladder in Adelaide.

Is extendable able to be split in half to make a V-shape so I can paint the ceilings in the middle of the room?

That one can't.
This one can be Step extension Bunnnings and most hardware places carry them.

When I paint I generally just have a 2 step ladder to do around the light and cornus. The rest I use a 2m extension pole for the paint roller which you can get for $5-15.

You would be better off sending it via courier than air. Still cost a bit but air will cost you a kidney. Last time I checked it was something like $20 for every kilo over the weight limit.

You would be better off sending it via courier than air. Still cost a bit but air will cost you a kidney. Last time I checked it was something like $20 for every kilo over the weight limit.

Absolutely....... but I reckon you could probably still buy 3 ladders for the price to freight ladder from SA to nth QLD..... particularly if you think about the cubic weight. I dont know much about ladders, but its unlikely to fit into a nice standard sized box!!

the other issue to consider is the local transport of the ladder.. will you need to hire a car/truck?

If you want to take the frugal approach, I would think hiring would be by far the most cost effective

Wonder how much extra you would pay for weight and non-conforming baggage?

Knowing those airlines - probably cheaper to buy a new ladder in each location.

Hire one for a few dollars a day.

Absolutely agree with Lizzie.

None the less if you were to follow your plan you would want something like this.

http://www.soldsmart.com.au/l3.aspx...=Adjustable+Professional+Multi+Purpose+Ladder

It folds into a very manageable package and if you fold all your other cloths into the gaps it could be your only luggage.:D

One problem with these type of ladder is that the rungs are just square pieces of aluminium and are very uncomfortable to stand on for any length of time.

Cheers

Well I need one for SA, South QLD and North QLD

So was hoping to take it on the plane with me.

I don't like renting things....

If I can take it on the plane I will have the ladder delivered to South QLD, then take it to North QLD, then back to Sydney and then down to Adelaide a week later.

http://www.ozladders.com.au/shoppin...uminium-Extension-Ladder-16ft--2-9-m---4-9-m-

16ft for $210

That looks good value... is there better out there?

Is extendable able to be split in half to make a V-shape so I can paint the ceilings in the middle of the room?

I think you would struggle to get an extension ladder on a plane but a folding ladder would probably go, after all its no bigger than a surfboard and weighs less than 10kg. You would want to wrap it up well, I've seen what happens to bags at airports

i have one of those folding ladders it has 3 pivot points, it can be straight, platform, v shape.

Its ok but sometimes i do wonder how good the pivots are, as it is getting a bit older and when i am using it at full length i imagine the stress on the point might be high.

a few 'v' ladders can also be used straight, my parents had one when i was younger

Think I've found the best ladder for $88 from Bunnings - fold up to fit in my luggage, durable enough to hold my weight and long enough to reach the ceilings!

http://www.bunnings.com.au//product...px?filter=categoryname--Multi+Purpose+Ladders

Or is this bad quality since its from Bunnings?
I have one of these and use it for lots of different things - but try to avoid using for long periods if possible due to the steps not being flat......they're murder on feet - all these style seem to have a similar step. I use mine for getting on roofs, gutters, stuff my step ladder won't reach and even as a saw bench on the odd occasion.

For painting inside, I use a cheap (plastic/metal) 3 step ladder with platform with nice big flat steps.

Noted thanks.

Will have to do painting with it unfortunately - as I don't want to buy 2 ladders (or even hire one) and just leave it there as it is in Brisbane.

Will have a nice big roller though so I am confident I can handle it!

Hi,

I thought this was a g - up, anyway. The ladder weighs about 11.5 - 12 kgs and I thought it was $15 per Kg to send via bulking item on planes $172.5 - $180.00.

It maybe cheaper if you check it in with your flight. I'm sure you will make many a phone call to get the best deal.

Brian

No its ok with price

My mum is going to Brisbane and back on business so she will take it in her luggage - for free as the company will pay.

But will buy in Brisbane and then bring back to Sydney.

If it cost $100 to take on the plane I would just buy one there.

We have one of these, and I second bbmick about not wanting to stand on the rungs to paint. You will be cursing yourself for not hiring a proper one within ten minutes of trying to balance on the little round rungs :D.

I reckon if you put as much thought into making money as you are putting into trying to get a ladder on a plane without paying a premium for it, you will do well. I just think you are going to be stung somewhere along the line at one airport or another.

Don't worry Wylie - I put 10X the effort into making money as you will soon see when i post the prices and values of the houses acquired and reno's involved etc...

Would love your opinion Wylie on the QLDer if you want me to send you the pics via email.

Back