Laminate

Dumb question but hey this isnt my forte.

We have a few bathrooms we're looking at renovating

On the existing vanity, the top is black laminate. Holds 2 sinks so probably about 1.5M long.

The vanity itself is in good nick and we dont really want to replace it if we dont need to. Its more the top colour we just want changed than anything as the plan is to re-tile the room but we dont really want to rip out the vanity (for now).

So what I am wondering is if you can put a new laminate over the top of the existing one (similar to tiling over tiles) or pull the old laminate skin off and use the same frame

If that makes sense

Thanks

http://www.laminex.com.au/products.aspx

Im in the process of having a vanity made. The builder showed me a demo using steel wool of the difference between Laminex's 'Diamond gloss' and the regular Laminex. There wasnt a mark left on the diamond gloss sheet. He said its about the same price. The stone and marble colors look fabulous, almost like the real thing.

If the laminate is in good condition there is special Laminate paint, same as you can get tile paint, and bathtub paint, etc.

It's expensive, needs undercoat that's expensive but might be cheaper than redoing the laminate.

cheers
quoll

Back