Land Price In Redlynch Valley, Cairns Up 45% in 1 Year & Still Going!

The land price in Redlynch Valley in Cairns has gone up 45% in 1 year & still going! Yippee! Went from $120k to now $175k. Anyone else seen huge jumps like this?

Wman,
Why do you think that is?
Are the developers increasing the prices or is it due to very high demand?
Cheers

Thats very impressive growth. The same thing happened in WA about 2 years ago, some blocks went up 100% in 2 years. Now they are struggling to sell most blocks in perth on the fringes and most land estates have fallen by 10% and the sales are very slow.

Good luck with your block.

Last edited:
Watermelon Man:
The land price in Redlynch Valley in Cairns has gone up 45% in 1 year & still going! Yippee! Went from $120k to now $175k. Anyone else seen huge jumps like this?

Yeah actually! :)

Some blocks of land around Bendigo virtually doubled within 12 months; we had purchased for: $39,000 and another $40,000....went to $80,000...another one we had paid deposit on ($42,000), within 6 months, and when the settlement due blocks around it selling for $84,000.

These blocks, now another 12 months down the road are about the $100,000 to $120,000...not bad going eh, regional cities, bah!

The boring flat no capital growth Horsham had blocks we wanted at 18 months ago at $30 to 40,000....now they are $72 to 86,000...what's that in percentages? I am mathematically challenged:p

A little rural one horse town we bought a fuurnished house, 1/4 of acre IP in, $71,000.... 12 months later was worth $95,000, now 12 months later again...$105,000...good old supply and demand. Bless it, just bless it's little boots!

It's all in Winston Wolfe's top 10 CG lists... on sale now ;)

Similar things have happened in Brisbane I'm told.

Yup.....45% in 7 mths.....March to September....but these are little fill in sub divies....a little less growth on the surrounding bigger estates....

And my top 10 isn't for sale yet....besides, it keeps changing every 2 weeks these days.....anyway, already have enough competition getting these lots from the local old builder or 2.....i.e. the ones who have the time to flush out these odd lots in established areas, then create a job for themselves by building a specky....I even told one of the builders about the last of a few lots that had been sitting for sale in a fill in sub....I passed on them cos the earthworks made it marginal.....within a week, the old cout had the last 3 tied up.... Each of those lots owuld have gone up at least 90% since he bought them in Feb this year...

Back