land surveryor in melbourne

hi guys,

anyone can recommend land surveyor in melbourne? reasonable price and good work?

i've just noticed my property length does not match the my subdivision plan when i bought this property

it said in the subdivison plan it should have length 9.7 but when i measured it using the laser measurement from one fence to other fence of the neighbours it has lenght 9.22

So what can i do about this? can i ask the neighbour to move the fence since the land is belong to me?

thanks all

Hi Lolipss,

Your best course of action would be to get the block re-pegged and then find out where the boundary should be. If the fence hasn't been there 15 years then the neighbour won't be able to claim adverse possession.

What I recommend to customers is to have a chat with the neighbour, voice your concerns and ideally go halves (or thereabouts) on a fence and/or surveying costs.

Cheers,

Hi Stacey,

Thanks for your info.

So what happen if the fence already been there for 15 years? can i still claim it back though? the only info i know is the fence that being put there is a new fence. but i suspect the location when they put the new fence is the same where the old fence is.

And i wouldnt know any info how old is the old fence been there though, would the land surveyor be able to tell me this info? and if the fence already been there more than 15 years and the neighbour never claim the adverse possesion, can i prevent this?

so legally what is my right though in this situation? Since i am entitled to the land, can i just remove the fence and put it where it belong to without telling the neighbour? i dont mind paying the cost at all

thanks

I would talk to a surveyor like Ashley (Stacey) to get your measurements done ASAP. I have used him for my projects and he is very fast and helpful.

Hi Stacey,

Thanks for your info.

So what happen if the fence already been there for 15 years? can i still claim it back though? the only info i know is the fence that being put there is a new fence. but i suspect the location when they put the new fence is the same where the old fence is.

And i wouldnt know any info how old is the old fence been there though, would the land surveyor be able to tell me this info? and if the fence already been there more than 15 years and the neighbour never claim the adverse possesion, can i prevent this?

so legally what is my right though in this situation? Since i am entitled to the land, can i just remove the fence and put it where it belong to without telling the neighbour? i dont mind paying the cost at all

thanks

First name's Ashley by the way :) (common mistake I know). Surveyors don't have any information on fence dates, only when each survey has been lodged with the titles office. Would give a rough idea of the fence age (+/- 1 year or so). By looking at the fence I can give a pretty good estimation as we have to note fence ages on many subdivisions within a few years.

I'm not about to start handing out legal advice by any means, however I am of the understanding that they will need to have a survey done on their block and accompanying an application for adverse possession.

I wouldn't go and remove the fence without telling the neighbour. Obviously you are entitled to it officially, but I'll guarantee you this will only end up in a huge dispute. Also wouldn't get any pegs put in (which would involve going on their "land") without a brief chat at the least. I've had many a furious neighbour come running up and start hurling abuse when we put the pegs in. As you don't mind wearing the cost, I'd let them know of the situation and that you're more than happy to give them a new fence at the end of it all.

Don't mention the adverse possession issue if you can avoid it as this will only cause an epic hassle for both parties and much waiting in applications.

Aaron- Thanks for the nice words, will speak with you when I get back from the trip.

Cheers,

Land Surveyor Costs

Hi Ashley or anyone who has had a land surveyed recently...
Just bought a house in Melbourne Inner East. It has a very old Cal Bung on it - and needs a full renovation. Plot size 560m2. Have had a building draftsman/designer quote - with attached Land Survey & Re-establishment quote of $3,500. (exact cost to be determined once working drawings done).
Does this sound reasonable? I thought it was on the high side.
Thanks

Hi Ashley or anyone who has had a land surveyed recently...
Just bought a house in Melbourne Inner East. It has a very old Cal Bung on it - and needs a full renovation. Plot size 560m2. Have had a building draftsman/designer quote - with attached Land Survey & Re-establishment quote of $3,500. (exact cost to be determined once working drawings done).
Does this sound reasonable? I thought it was on the high side.
Thanks

Hi Melbourne_Mum,

Does the $3500 include the designers' work?

I'd expect $1200 + GST for Title Re-Establishment and around $1300 + GST for the Feature and Level Survey.

Please feel free to ask if you need any clarification.

Kind Regards,

Back