Landlord Insurance Company recommendations

Yes you can cancel any time, there is an up to $33 admin fee, you should get a pro-rate refund

Even if you only have signed up two months prior? (I'm seeing how quickly I can get the tenants to vacate so I can move in. This could be a minimum of 2 months or maximum of 6).

Hi BrettC

I have a policy with EBM insurance on my investment property which has about 6 months to run. I have recently sold said investment property - is it possible to get a refund from cancelling the policy as I no longer need it?

Cheers

As mentioned by DaveM, you can cancel at any time and receive a pro-rata refuld, there is a cancellation fee of up to $33 (but I believe only $18 is generally charged), and the broker fee is not refundable.

EBM seems the way to go with insurance.

Have anyone made a claim with them?

Brett..have sent you a PM

Cheers
Coota

Have anyone made a claim with them?

Yes but only through the combined Building Insurance part of my EBM Rentcover policy.

No real issues and simple as I just lodged the claim with a quote to rectify fault and was sent a claim settlement notice. I thought it was a bit unreasonable as they had excluded a few things so I asked for it to be reviewed in conjunction with an additional statement from the tradesman and the claim was adjusted slightly in my favour, This was done with the claims officer only and not through any internal dispute resolution mechanism with EBM. Overall a fair an equitable outcome and I am happy to continue with EBM even though they may not be the cheapest but seem to have the most suitable coverage for my circumstances.

Also contacted Brett C once (actually he contacted me following a post on SS) and was again looked after so from my POV their customer service has been outstanding.:)

Not sure about the SS discount though mentioned by others above?????:confused:

Not sure about the SS discount though mentioned by others above?????:confused:

Must have been a special Discount :)
Have also claimed with them, process was simple, even got our property agent to do all the work, she was sceptical that we would be able to claim anything, but ended up getting a bit back :)

Just taken out a policy with EBM and if you mention Somersoft when you do your online qoute as your promo code you will receive a 2 month discount,saved me about $100

Cheers
Coota

Back