Landscape plan for DA perth

Hi all

I need a landscaping plan done in perth to submit with my DA.
Does anyone have any recommendations for companys to do this?
And whats the going rate and timeframe for this? Two lot development.

Cheers

Is this something you could hand sketch on top of a site plan? Just draw and dimension paving areas & grassed areas and allocate a few trees and shrubs?

Is this something you could hand sketch on top of a site plan? Just draw and dimension paving areas & grassed areas and allocate a few trees and shrubs?

I am not sure, I would of thought council would require something a bit more professional? but if prices are a bit over the top for just a plan (and idea on costs to do the landscaping) then i might go down that route.

cheers

Your builder should be able to do this. It just needs to be something with green stuff and hard stuff and a legend which says how much % is green stuff and how much is % stuff.

I'll email you an example.

Your builder should be able to do this. It just needs to be something with green stuff and hard stuff and a legend which says how much % is green stuff and how much is % stuff.

I'll email you an example.

Thanks. I dont have a builder yet (using a broker) so just need something for the da.
Yes please do email me the example that would be great.

cheers

hand sketch on site plan, couple of symbols to represent different plants, dashed lined for irrigation - was all that I required for a duplex site.

It does depend a lot on individual council requirements.

For a standard resi house we do basic landscape plans for around $700 but if Council requires a full landscape report the cost is more.

Also keep in mind any planting requirements in terms of species council may have.

Thanks. I dont have a builder yet (using a broker) so just need something for the da.
Yes please do email me the example that would be great.

cheers

If it's for DA (and you're not at building permit stage yet) then ask them to defer it and put a condition on the DA requiring a landscaping plan prior to the issue of a building permit. I do this for clients consistently and very rarely provide landscaping plans at DA stage. The most detail I provide is some green on a plan to ensure we meet the requirement (if there's one) and then get the builder to provide plant species etc as part of the building permit package

If it's for DA (and you're not at building permit stage yet) then ask them to defer it and put a condition on the DA requiring a landscaping plan prior to the issue of a building permit. I do this for clients consistently and very rarely provide landscaping plans at DA stage. The most detail I provide is some green on a plan to ensure we meet the requirement (if there's one) and then get the builder to provide plant species etc as part of the building permit package

Thanks for that, thats good to know. I am currently talking to a couple of people that can do them so will what they have to say and go from there.

Council are pretty clear they want something by a professional.

 A site plan with a scale of not less than
1:200 illustrating all the landscaping areas
prepared by a professional landscape
designer or qualified horticulturalist. The
plan shall be a minimum size of A3 and
should contain a north point and a scale;
 Plant legend showing botanical names of
the proposed vegetation types;
 Quantity of plants and landscape
vegetation;
 Pot size of plants at the time of planting;
 Identification of existing vegetation types,
their botanical names and their intended
use;
 Details of ground treatment such as
paving, grass etc; and
 Approximate location of neighbouring
buildings to fence lines.
Cheers.

Kalamunda?
I still reckon you can hand draw it. Just need to swing by (or google) a nursery for some plant names, and draw it on a scaled site plan.

Yeap it is belmont also.
How long ago was yours?

Cheers

Earlier this year - my wife (armed with several botanical names and a rough idea in her head) went to their front counter, had a face to face with them and draw it up on the spot with them. It was approved on the spot.

I have always thought face to face is better.

Back