Lane Cove & Naremburn .....thoughts ?

Howdy all
Just wanted to get some feedback on these suburbs.
Currently living in Drummoyne in an unit but looking to get into a family home next year ( unit will be getting too cosy with a 1 year old girl ).
Budget all up would be around $1M, perhaps something older that we can renovate/extend and would like a block closer to 500sqm+.
I work in St Leonards so part the reason I'm looking at these areas, also wanting to get that little bit closer to the Northern beaches.
Have had a look at a few places in Lane Cove ( prefer the south east side ) and yet to drive around Naremburn.
Any feedback from those living or with a good knowledge of these areas would be greatly appreciated (best parts / close to amenities, day care, schools etc / what parts to avoid etc )

Ross

Hmmm, theres a fair few people in this upgraders camp. To be honest not many listings of quality homes in lower north shore at all. Anything thats remotely decent is either snapped up on the first day or asking way too much. Market has certainly turned in these premium areas. For a piece of dirt even 500m2, you're looking at $1M minimum entry and this is probably close to a main road or ankward block. An old semi on Cairo St, Cammeray sold for $950k! Its not going to get any cheaper either over the next 12 months.

For Lane Cove maybe find a house near Penrose St. as it is a short cut to St.Leonards. If u want close to schools then Lane Cove Primary is just behind the shops next to Burns Bay Rd and I think they have a day care too. Also anything you find near Longueville Rd. should be good aswel as it's close to everything. Stay away from the part of Burns Bay Rd. where it's all units because that area is like a retirement village also that part of the road is prety dark and boring with the huge trees.

To compare both areas you can check out here whats been happening in both areas lately. And I cant give you much info on Naremburn as Ive been there only once when I got lost one time while driving.

http://www.homepriceguide.com.au/snapshot/index.cfm?source=apm

Cheers

Back