laserlight

has anyone here have laserlight in the yard?
the heat from it is bouncing through the glass into my house and has made my house a hot house.
i have had a few suggestions but they are all expensive options - rip it off and place a colorbond roof, add pink bats and give it a ceiling.

i'm wondering if anyone has ever painted their laserlight and if so, was it cooler?

We have the same problem. We have laserlight over pergolas on both sides of the house(previous owner put it there). We have resorted to putting 90% shadecloth over the top in summer to cut down the heat. It does help but makes the house much darker inside. I hate the stuff.

Our high pitched pergola has colourbond roofing and several areas over the windows that are laserlite. We did that principally to allow light in.

After a couple of years we noticed also that it can get hot under the laserlite so on the undersides we've attached cane blinds stapled up. Not sure if it would work in your situation, but it did help us, looks good too.

If you can lift one end of each laserlight panel, away from the side of prevailing winds, you will allow hot air to escape better, maybe even create some draught, for the price of some loss of protection against rain.

If you can make tilt adjustable, you can even make roof be able to trap some heat in winter, let heat escape in summer and have place protected from rain too, which was probably the main reason to install it in a first place.

Wish I could have seen these suggestions earlier. We were facing the same overheating problem with these lights and thinking all other options to be expensive we got rid of them and installed other available alternatives. Its surprising no one had these suggestions to offer when we were desperately looking for one. Looks to me the online help is the best for consulting or taking advice.

found a product called thermabond and it works.
it has cut out much of the heat and now is officially cooler than the rest of my house.
it cost around $190 and i managed to paint almost 20 sq m of laserlight - double coat.

Artemis, I'm glad you have found something that works. A couple of questions - Is it a clear paint and does it block much light out?

doze, it's artic white, and it blocks out most, if not, all of the light.
it's hard to tell because there is light coming in from the east and the north.
i do know that it comes in six colours and that the artic white reflects the strongest.
am much relieved as the inside of my house is substantionally cooler.

Has anyone tried the tint film (3M make one. Like everything 3M makes it is good but expensive) that we use on car glass? It works so well here in the tropics that it is cooler to drive with a tinted window up than down. But I once spoke to a guy who does this stuff and he said it would not work on a plastic helmet visor, and I assume laserlight (I don't know the product) is acrylic so take care. :)

Back