Late paying tenants!

We are having a few problems with our tenants in one of our properties. They are currently 38 days behind on their rent and also owe about $800 in water bills. According to the family the husband has lost his job but started a new one on the 1st August but they say they are going to pay more but it doesn't happen. We've been told we would need to take them to court to evict them. We would like to get into the property and do some renovations as we want to sell it so the sooner they move the better for us really. We just don't know how long to let this go on for! The agents have sent them letters telling them they are behind and they are replying but are just not complying with paying the remaining rent and water bills.

Any advice on what's best to do would be appreciated!

We've been told we would need to take them to court to evict them. We would like to get into the property and do some renovations as we want to sell it so the sooner they move the better for us really. We just don't know how long to let this go on for!

I would assume that in WA you are allowed to give tenants x days of notice to vacate where you are intending to sell the property without needing to go to tribunal or courts....

The Y-man

Ryan,

Have a look here...

http://www.rta.qld.gov.au/

I rang The Dept of Consumer & Employee Protection, but found the best thing to do was to familiarise myself with the process first & ring them to double check.. otherwise, you might get scared off by them ogin off on a tangent with unnecessary talk of court cases and what not which are nothing to do with it.....

Get your PM to commence eviction procedures for non payment of rent.

Our PM issues rectification notices as soon as the rent is 8 days late.
Marg

Back