Lease for serviced executive house

I am feeling rather silly and unprepared just now. I have left it till the eleventh hour to sort out some details regarding a lease agreement for a fully furnished serviced house. (I have an advert in tomorrow's paper - yikes). I am looking for a minimum of 4 weeks. What I really need to know is

* Is it normal to use a standard lease agreement for this type of rental?

* For a short term (4 - 12 week) lease, must a bond be lodged witht he RTA?

* Is there any alternative to a standard lease, I am thinking along the lines of a holiday let where people pay upfront, and in this case, what takes the place of the bond? For instance, I have just been offered $1170 for 3 nights but declined as I don't know how to do this properly.

Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated, and may just help me to actually get to sleep tonight. This is a big idea that we've been working on for a while. I am feeling green as grass as it is all new to me:eek:. I don't want to be clueless if tomorrow I have to discuss this with prospective tenants. I have looked on the RTA website but can't find anything helpful.

Louise

Nice work! Sorry I read it and then got distracted. I leave those details to my PM but nightly surely is no bond as it's hotel letting?

Ethereal,

Couple of questions .
Are you in North Qld?
Did you rent it out through the ad?
Did you get a lease and bond?
Did you get a lot of enquiries?
Did you let it as a holiday let, and were there any regulations to abide by?

I am in the process of buying an other house and want to do the same, but getting a little scared of managing myself. Any info would be appreciated.

cheers

Back