Left wing political group orchestrating home buyers strike...

But of course houses jump, stay flat, soften or drop etc as we all know. I think anyone seing a boom worries about how the next generation will manage to buy a house ...... but they do somehow manage it.

because over the long term the price will gravitate to its underlying intrisic value.

The problem is that people with short term horizons justify that line of thinking in that it should be 'today' when the market doesnt work this way.

Instead of complaining about it, if one feels that property is seriously over valued one should be showing patience and investing in alternative investment classes that have better investment horizons, then when the time is right, to move into property.

Instead they follow the lazy path, and say no its not fair, i want my property now, and i should be able to buy it at a reasonable price.

I respect alot of Hobo jo's posts. He argues that property is 'expensive' and he follows an alternative investment/trading path. Personally its not for me, but still i read his posts with interest because they reflect an interesting perspective, rather than just a whinge thats its not fair, i dont have the same opportunity as those who bought property before.

At the end of the day, we are delt a pack of cards, we make decisions at this point in time, the ramifications of which effect our future. Its our lives and our decision. Some will chose the easy but financial frutile path of blaming others, others will just act in a manner that tries to improve ones future well being.
The decision is ours and ours alone

Yes I know it is silly isn't it. Housing affordability is at an all time high.

I didnt say those words dude.

And I didn't mean to suggest it either.

I guess it comes back to something that wylie happened to say, she panicked for her kids when she saw the latest boom.. her grandparents worried about her aunty or whoever back in their day when they saw a boom.. It's hard and stuff, but it really seems like, whether you & I knew it or not, that it aint never been easy.

But that doesn't mean you HAVE to buy a property now or game over the end, like you obviously know... But others might want to and the suggestions made by most, to someone who did want to buy now but wasn't sure how / what etc, aren't bad suggestions are they ?

I must say some of these people probably have too much time on their hands like me... I hope someone's paying them in the meantime.

Nobody is paying me. I do it out of the goodness of my heart :).

I'm actually not sure why some of you get so angry and respond with these life stories about what you did when you were 17 or what you did when you were 27...

To make these people see that their plight is NO DIFFERENT to how it has always been. They are not especially hard up in the "I cannot afford my first house" department. They just cannot see past their noses.

It's hard and stuff, but it really seems like, whether you & I knew it or not, that it aint never been easy.

But that doesn't mean you HAVE to buy a property now or game over the end, like you obviously know... But others might want to and the suggestions made by most, to someone who did want to buy now but wasn't sure how / what etc, aren't bad suggestions are they ?

Agreed. And with my son's purchase laid out, figures and all, some people STILL cannot see that it can be done, it IS being done and realise that if they buy where they can AFFORD they will have their first house. My son's first unit is not his dream home.

Until he stopped moaning about how he could never afford "any" house and realised he was really moaning about how he could not RIGHT NOW afford his "dream house", he just didn't get it.

As soon as he realised he COULD buy "a" house NOW, he stopped moaning and started working towards doing it.

I don't care if Beebop or anybody else chooses not to buy a house but I cannot fathom what they are hoping to gain from bleating on a property forum that he/she/they cannot buy now, houses are too expensive, yada, yada, yada. And Beebop never actually tells us ANYTHING about himself, his family etc. He isn't interested in helping himself. He just wants to moan.

Writing sarcastic, biting comments on a forum shows some sort of lack. Being able to articulate your thoughts sensible, without malice and explain your thoughts, fears and what you are doing to work towards some (any?) investment would be way more interesting and possibly help others who are not sure if they can buy.

That is their opinion, and also the opinion of many others, but those others don't keep on and on and on and on about it on this forum. Go and join a forum where you can all moan together.

Meanwhile, we "believers" will keep on buying, holding etc.

At the end of the day, we are delt a pack of cards, we make decisions at this point in time, the ramifications of which effect our future. Its our lives and our decision. Some will chose the easy but financial frutile path of blaming others, others will just act in a manner that tries to improve ones future well being.
The decision is ours and ours alone

And others will make rambling and irrelevant posts on an internet forum in bold writing.

Meanwhile, we "believers"...

Speaking of belief, for the Christians among us, Matthew 7:6 seems incredibly apt at this point...

There comes a time when the evidence shows us we just have to move on.

Speaking of belief, for the Christians among us, Matthew 7:6 seems incredibly apt at this point...

There comes a time when the evidence shows us we just have to move on.

hahahaha i didn't know you were a man of scripture! very funny indeed - pearls and pigs.

No amount of complaining is going to change anything. Either there is a drop in prices in real terms, or it chugs along. You control your financial situation so make your choices on what you believe will happen. That is all you can do Beebop. Complaining to these guys doesn't do jack diddly unforunately.

So seriously, why bother?

P.S You seem so much more annoying now that I know you're a guy.

Beebop, you say that you came on the forum to learn about property but it seems to me that you are only interested in opinions that match your own. Learning would require that you seriously consider a different opinion before discarding it. You are obviously passionate about your point of view, but to call everyone who shows you differently liars kinda makes it look like you aren't really interested in learning at all.

Do you watch the biggest loser?

How many of the contestants get on the treadmill and the trainers are saying "run at speed 14, run at speed 14" and the contestants are crying "I can't, I can't!" and the trainers are screaming "you can! I know you CAN" .....and then they do it!!!!! and then they say : "WOW I didn't know I had that in me!"

They didn't know what they didn't know, and that is where you are at the moment. you are screaming "I can't!" and we are the trainers screaming "yes, you can!" because we have done it before you and we know what is possible.

If you could just take a minute to think about it and consider the possibility that there MIGHT be a way for you to get ahead in property then a whole world of opportunity will open up in front of you. I really hope you do because with your passion , if you focus it on something positive, you could go far.

Beehop here to learn how to get into property ladder so he can impress and show off to hot chick:D. Seriously, i had a lot of hot chick friends that i use to work with them in modeling fitness magazine, they can tell which guy is real and who is pretending that have everything.

Baaaaaaaaahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

*breathes in*

Baaaaaaaaahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

!!!!!

Have your laugh guys, because you know what's funny? It doesn't matter that the campaign was shot down by GetUp for an official run. You may look at the campaign as a failure, I see it as a success. Off the top of my head the strike was covered:

Covered initially on SMH/Domain Blog
Front and centre on websites the next day: SMH/WA Today/The Age
Had coverage on Yahoo News
Kochie interviewed David Collyer on Sunrise
Prompted REIV to make a statement suggesting it won't work
Barefoot Investor mentions in a recent article
Interviews on multiple radio stations

That's all off the top of my head, I guarantee you there was more.

It got people talking. It planted the seed of doubt.

Prosper launched the campaign and the interest caused from the GetUp campaign suggestion launched this item into the mainstream media. If you guys think this campaign was a failure then I suggest you have a thing or two to learn about viral marketing :)

Have your laugh guys, because you know what's funny? It doesn't matter that the campaign was shot down by GetUp for an official run. You may look at the campaign as a failure, I see it as a success. Off the top of my head the strike was covered:

Covered initially on SMH/Domain Blog
Front and centre on websites the next day: SMH/WA Today/The Age
Had coverage on Yahoo News
Kochie interviewed David Collyer on Sunrise
Prompted REIV to make a statement suggesting it won't work
Barefoot Investor mentions in a recent article
Interviews on multiple radio stations

That's all off the top of my head, I guarantee you there was more.

It got people talking. It planted the seed of doubt.

Prosper launched the campaign and the interest caused from the GetUp campaign suggestion launched this item into the mainstream media. If you guys think this campaign was a failure then I suggest you have a thing or two to learn about viral marketing :)

Ho Bo i do admire ur one track focus and obsession and u certainly personally pushed the campaign very hard and received lots of publicity for it.

Having said that is seems like a failure and a waste of time to me. Seemed like the vast majority who supported it can't afford to buy anyway so their strike would have minimal effect anyway. I just clicked through to that link and the comments are just so naive its frightening.

The strike would be like Julia Gillard boycotting Miss Universe!

Back