Left wing political group orchestrating home buyers strike...

I see the bears.

But I also see peopel going on and on and on and about how smart they are, how dumb others are and how property is basically foolproof.

i think you're both painting with 6in brushes.

the people trumping it up are those that are doing well, bought well or riding well.

good on em! i'd want to hear EVERY detail about their path to success.

the people playing down property are either locked out currently or made a loss, or can see the "writing on the wall".

you know what? i'd say most people want to hear that side of the story too - after all, it's risk assessment.

it's when both sides purport some unbalanced, biased crapola that i start to roll my eyes. I've seen bears post reasons the property market will fail based on the Costa del Sol's average price, comparing it to Toorak and that because Toorak will fail, everything will. I've seen bulls post some utter drivel about housing shortage in relation to immigrantion, but over 70% of all new immigration statistics are from formally naturalised people ... already living here!

so hows'bouts we all shut the f**k up and watch for 3 months?

i think you're both painting with 6in brushes.

the people trumping it up are those that are doing well, bought well or riding well.

good on em! i'd want to hear EVERY detail about their path to success.

the people playing down property are either locked out currently or made a loss, or can see the "writing on the wall".

you know what? i'd say most people want to hear that side of the story too - after all, it's risk assessment.

it's when both sides purport some unbalanced, biased crapola that i start to roll my eyes. I've seen bears post reasons the property market will fail based on the Costa del Sol's average price, comparing it to Toorak and that because Toorak will fail, everything will. I've seen bulls post some utter drivel about housing shortage in relation to immigrantion, but over 70% of all new immigration statistics are from formally naturalised people ... already living here!

so hows'bouts we all shut the f**k up and watch for 3 months?

Aaron, that is all I as trying to say, I've seen both bulish and bearish comments, unlike what bigtone suggetsed, that there are none or nearly no bullish statmenets made on somersoft

Last edited:
It's like saying Rebecca Black will win a Grammy because 'Friday' was such a viral sensation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0...
I don't really understand the point of this single unrelated example (especially given her going viral didn't seem to be planned), however...
As of March 22, 2011, first-week sales of her digital single were estimated to be around 40,000 by Billboard.[14] Black appeared on the March 22, 2011 episode of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, during which she performed the single and discussed the negative reaction to it.[15] The song has peaked on the Billboard Hot 100 and the New Zealand Singles Chart at number 58 and 33, respectively.[16][17] In the UK, the song debuted at number sixty-one on the UK Singles Chart.[18]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca_Black

Do you think she would have sold 40,000 singles and made the charts without it going viral?

Who cares?
Probably a 14 year old girl trying to launch their music career. Any publicity is good publicity so they say.

What's the point of your post? The example was pointless in relation to the discussion, but I was simply responding to another comment.

Probably a 14 year old girl trying to launch their music career. Any publicity is good publicity so they say.

Is she a member of the forum?

What's the point of your post? The example was pointless in relation to the discussion, but I was simply responding to another comment.

I'm sure there's another forum for comparing and contrasting the various attributes of music pitched to 14 year old girls.

If the example was pointless, why argue about it? Why not just ignore it, and continue to argue your original point?

I don't really understand the point of this single unrelated example (especially given her going viral didn't seem to be planned), however...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca_Black

Do you think she would have sold 40,000 singles and made the charts without it going viral?

The point I am making is, online popularity or discussion does not add any more weight to an already flawed argument or product whether it was meant to go viral or not.

You argued that the mere discussion of the FHB 'pledge' across various media platforms planted a 'seed of doubt'- it was universally derided and dismissed as futile, but yet you claim a victory? The market will do what it does, but you are drawing an incredibly long bow if you believe that any change in market sentiment can be attributed to this tacky attempt at a movement.

40,000 ironic single purchases after 100 million youtube video views, hardly a commercial success attributed the power of viral marketing...:confused:

In the interest of fairness, I brought up the Rebecca Black reference not Hobo...read my other posts to see why I thought it was a relevant comparison to the perceived viral success of the failed FHB pledge.

If the example was pointless, why argue about it? Why not just ignore it, and continue to argue your original point?
If my post was pointless, why did you comment and not just ignore it? See where this is going?

The market will do what it does, but you are drawing an incredibly long bow if you believe that any change in market sentiment can be attributed to this tacky attempt at a movement.
Some RE Agents seem to think a single headline can change sentiment:
http://smh.domain.com.au/home-inves...rty-market-slump-blame-me-20110329-1cdzx.html

I would suggest they are in a better position than you or me to judge.

now this is not proof of these sorts of shenanigans continuing, my suspicions are unlikely to every be factually confirmed, but think of the developers with millions of $ at stake... now think of the headlines that the bearish blogs and forums have been getting recently and tell me that there is no chance that they wouldn't try to interfere in some way...
Makes you think the power that is out there,anyone with a open mind would see straight through all this,just wait till Gold goes above $2000.00 US..

Its so funny listening to all the "teddy bears" out there that own and can sell nothing thinking and tring to convince people in general that there negative sentiment matters or has an effect on anything, they can only ever do nothing (read: Be tennants and push rents up making property invesing more attractive) or buy. next they will be saying that its landlords that push the price of rents up.
Please try to remember which side of the supply demand equasion you are on.
so cute and so funny mwah x.

Back