Lessons Learnt after been burnt

Always move settlement funds to the nominated account on TWO WORKING DAYS prior to settlement...Because if you do move funds to the nominated account on the Sunday before the settlement, your solicitor will call you on Monday (the day of settlement) to advise the bank can't see the funds !!! And that you are required to authorise another savings account for the funds to be deducted and if you don't have that savings account back up you are potentially stuffed!!!:eek:

Seems any transactions that are put through (even between your own account with the same bank) on Sunday get processed Monday morning:confused::eek:

Don't ask "Which Bank?" And yes it's not CBA.

I knew a guy who learnt a couple of lessons about being burnt...literally

1. When your engine overheats and your radiator is low, wait until it cools down before opening the cap to top it up. The resultant steam and water that shoots back at you can be painfull!

Hospital Trip #1

2. When your backyard is overgrown with weeds in the dry season and you don't have a lawnmower, a fire is not the best solution. Spraying petrol about in an vintage fly spray pump pack will help the green stuff burn, however with flames still present said pump pack may well explode!

Hospital Trip #2

Ok... might just add to that ^:

no+breathing.jpg

me said:
Tenants lie
always
Sorry, round 2.
About what?
about everything,

despite TodayTonight horror landlord stories, r-swipe tenants outnumber bad landlords mega to zip
even rescaled to percentages to balance out relative numbers there are more tenants than landlords,
miniiscule% of landlords are bad, >50% of tenants are bad

bad = do not uphold their lawful obligations.

about everything,

despite TodayTonight horror landlord stories, r-swipe tenants outnumber bad landlords mega to zip
even rescaled to percentages to balance out relative numbers there are more tenants than landlords,
miniiscule% of landlords are bad, >50% of tenants are bad

bad = do not uphold their lawful obligations.

Mmmph? So...I did reference checks before I rented out my IP and my tenants have paid the rent on time to date. I attended the last inspection and the place was not that clean but nothing a good clean couldn't fix.
Should I be worried?
My worries are small eg 2 names on the lease but sublet to 10 students, stuff like that. My bigger concern is damage to the property. You know insurance never covers everything.

My worries are small eg 2 names on the lease but sublet to 10 students, stuff like that. My bigger concern is damage to the property. You know insurance never covers everything.
this is a small worry?
people not on the lease resident in the premises, lessee not resident
sublease is illegal without landlord written consent

how much bigger can the worry get
dont know anything about the 10 residents, but are still responsible for ensuring the residence is maintained to legal standard
reference checks; were on people who dont live there, dont care,

not clean but, as long as you pay to 'good clean' ?

Should you be worried,, no we all can afford to replace an entire house when some r-soul destrys it.

YES you should be worried

http://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/maintop/view/inforce/act+42+2010+cd+0+N

Mmmph? So...I did reference checks before I rented out my IP and my tenants have paid the rent on time to date. I attended the last inspection and the place was not that clean but nothing a good clean couldn't fix.
Should I be worried?

You are probably breaching all sorts of council, fire and health regulations unless your property is a registered boarding house. If there are 10 unrelated residents in a domestic house and a fire breaks out and there are deaths, you could be charged with manslaughter.

You know the people are there so there is no excuse.

And probably your insurance conditions have been breached so no insurance.

Act immediately.
Marg

Should I be worried?
As has been said the sublet situation is no small worry!

Back