Lindfield - Crimson Hill development

Hi all, this is my first post. :)

My friend is looking for an apartment as PPOR in Lindfield. She saw the Crimson Hill development in Lindfield and the price for one bedroom + study with one car space is around 550K to 590K (57 sqm internal + 10 sqm balcony)

The web site is: http://www.crimsonhill.com.au/

It seems the developer is DHA. Since I am not familiar with Lindfield and DHA developments, I can't really provide any comments.

What do you guys think? Any comments are appreciated.

Lindfield is a nice upmarket suburb on the north shore .

I'm assuming the development is occurring on the UTS site . Two of my children have studied there and I've watch many football games on the oval down there .

It's a nice area bordering on the lane cove park .

There were plans to have a railway station in west lindfield but those were canned to keep down costs .

I haven't specifically priced units in lindfield so I'm not sure about value . Many of the units on the north shore are around the pacific hwy and the various stations . They have convenince but can be noisy .

Typically properties near the station ( close but not too close ...... ) are more expensive than properties either at the eastern or western edges of the north shore and historically the eastern side is more expensive than the west , however that's not as script now days .

I know that local agents have been surprised at the strength of west pymble in this cycle with strong prices rises . The comment we've heard from a few agents is that west pymble is the first suburb people get to when they drive over to the north shore from the inner west / Epping / Eastwood .....

The same would apply to west lindfield . It has good access via road along the come area parkway , though it's very busy in peak hour . Several back roads can get you up to the highway . Easy access to ryde / mona vale road and Epping rd .

North shore rail line is very good and popular .

Main downside for the location is it's not walk station , though I assume there's bus to the station .

If my kids wanted a new unit on the north shore I think they'd look at it .

Your friends need to see what else they can get for the same money . If they could get something , close to station and not noisy for similar money I'd go for that even if it's older and needs a Reno.

There are new units going up around lane cove which would be a good price comparison .

Cliff

I'm looking at that too funny enough.

Seems to be slightly (~10%) more expensive than comparable but older units/apartments in the area and my rationale is meh I had to throw money at doing a reno (I'm a bit inept when it comes to home improvements...) might as well make it someone else's problem.

Might go have a looksie this weekend.

Went to see this today - it's at the end of Eton Rd within the UTS campus. The salesbloke was patronising at best, probably downright disrespectful. Care factor from them = 0%. I give no flying fook you've sold a tonne of apartments in Bondi Junction earlier in the day so don't give me that attitude.

Back to the property itself, there's hardly any stock left for 2 bedders at least and they're on the first floor. Its location raise a question...what if something happen to Eton Rd or its surrounding then you've got no way out. Just like today, the road that connects Grosvenor Rd to Eton is blocked off, I had to go around Pac Hway, do a U-turn somewhere before I can get back towards the city direction. It's pretty far from any public transport and no mention of car space...gonna be a headache.

Pass. I'm sure there are better prospects elsewhere.

Back