LiveIn - Canberra

I am considering a PM change, and doing some researching.

I must admit to so far taking a like to Tamara from liveIn. does anyone use LiveIn to manage their properties, or have any feedback on them at all ?

Just checked out their website. If they are haf as good as they say they are they should be good. What are their charges?

7%.
I really felt like I gelled with her when she rang me..
But I know I shouldn't make a business decision based on that necessarily.

7% is very competitive for Canberra - What other charges such as postage etc (I'm not sure if this is allowed to be discssed on a public forum - PM me if it isn't)

I am always on the lookout for better PM's for my IP's - have had mixed success in Canberra over the past 10 years

uhm, 7$ for office administration, 10 days rent for new lease, half weeks rent for renew lease
100$ for unfurnished condition, 200 for furnished

that's pretty much it..

7% is very competitive for Canberra - What other charges such as postage etc (I'm not sure if this is allowed to be discssed on a public forum - PM me if it isn't)

I am always on the lookout for better PM's for my IP's - have had mixed success in Canberra over the past 10 years

It is competitive.

I'm paying higher but I am happy with the quality. Heaps better than the previous management. (I self managed but I didn't have the time).

not necessarily so concerned about competitiveness I'm after a PM that feels right.. if that makes sense ?
Provided they seem to have some idea, and answer my questions properly..

another PM pretty uch basically refused to give me hard numbers on how many properties are managed by how many agents, was VERY up in the air about figures.. and that frustrated me..

What part of Canberra?

Lindsey at L J Hooker Dickson has done a pretty good job for me. His predecessor was, well, the reason I self managed for a few years.

I don't know anything about Livein except that their price is very very good for Canberra.

I can tell you not to use Remax. We've had a disasterous experience with them.

re/max is one of numerous agencies that have not even deigned to reply to my politely written email asking for some information on their property management services.

I personally feel that 2 days is an unreasonable amount of time to wait to not even receive a "hi, we got your email, we're busy but will respond ASAP" back.. so a large number from my list have been successfully culled.

I might check on Lindsay at LJH Dickson too as suggested by GeoffW.

The property in question is in Holt..LiveIn do manage a couple of other units in the complex already, and seem to be aware of the issues that have occured, which is a good thing in my mind

Do their franchise agreements include area boundaries? That's intersting.. :)
They may not. I'm not sure.

When I bought my North Lyneham property I transferred management from LJH Kaleen to LJH Hooker (on the owner's advice).

A number of franchises are owned by the same person.

But I'd guess that there's probably some gentlemasn's agreement, at minimum, not to intrude on another territory.

And I'd also imagine that you would get more walk by enquires at a local agency.

re/max is one of numerous agencies that have not even deigned to reply to my politely written email asking for some information on their property management services.

funny you sould say that as we have picked up numerous international landlords who have simply emailed asking for info. we have always suspected that given our ratio of email to listing is very good we may be one of the few who actually respond. We dont mind though, happy to have the biz!

Hi TheCamel,

I was browsing some investment forums and came across this one - and then came across your message.

By way of introduction, I am the owner and licensee of LiveIN Real Estate - it's great to hear that you've had a good experience so far with my property manager, Tamara Baxter.

Just by way of update, Tamara has been nominated for Property Manager of the Year, which is a great indication of her success to date.

She and her staff currently manage 280 properties, and have a client retention rate of over 99% (we have turned away 2 clients who were asking us to act outside of legislative requirements).

I'm not sure if you've decided on a property manager yet, but I'm sure Tamara would be more than happy to discuss any questions further with you.

Her personal mobile is 0430 50 82 83, she can be contacted on that number from 8:00am - 8:00pm, Monday through Saturday.

Alternatively, you can speak to myself on 6262 5232, or my mobile which is 0430 50 82 82.

Have a great day!

Erik

Back