Looking for a good tenant in Brisbane?

Hi all - I'm not sure if this is allowed - This is my first post. I (like most people I expect) sort of clicked through the rules section fairly quickly when signing up. I'm posting to offer myself as a good tenant if any landlords are interested - you can send me a private message if you are. If this is a problem re the rules of this forum then of course I (or probably the administrator) will remove the post.

I think the property market is well overcooked - others have different opinions which is fine - each to their own. But I am happy to rent while the market re-establishes a link to people's incomes.

The place I am renting now is becoming a bit small - it is a 2 bedroom townhouse in Paddington, Brisbane. So I am looking to move to something bigger preferably around the inner west - but would look elsewhere if it was suitable. I'd go as far out as Graceville or Yerongpilly I suppose.

I'm not looking froward to travelling from open house to open house hunting for a place. And the landlords would probably appreciate having a good tenant ready to go rather than going through all the applications and trying to work out which is best. So it looks like a win-win to me if I post my details and somebody has something that is available soon (maybe a site to do this is a good idea - verify people as good tenants and add them to a list for landlords to look through?).

About me:
  • Married, 1 child (18 months)
  • Wife is stay at home mum
  • I make $134K a year (package - $112K base)
  • Rented for the past 2 years in Paddington without missing a beat - perfect tenant
  • For the 2 years before this (2003 to 2005) we were owner occupiers
  • Before this 2001 to 2002 we rented in Sydney directly from the owner

Looking for:
  • reasonably quiet street
  • at least 3 bedroom
  • Kitchen opening into living area (keep an eye on kid)
  • Small yard
  • Entertaining Deck
  • Airconditioning in living area
  • insulation (a stinking hot iron roof in summer is inefficient in my view)
  • Good storage areas / cupboards etc
  • 1 car accomodation
  • a landlord that has a healthy cashflow and won't ditch the property at the first sign of trouble in the market
  • a 1 year agreement (but expect to stay for at least 2 years I think)
  • Budget is 'up to' $550 a week

G'day YM,

I could've done with knowing of you about 3 - 4 weeks back. I could've ticked every one of your boxes - but in Wellington Point - so maybe a bit too far from the CBD. That place is now rented at $350 pw.

Anyway, thanks for your post - I hope you find someone here that can help in a meaningful way. And welcome aboard,

Regards,

Seems you are suffering from retinitis pigmentosa or such.
There's heaps of good looking rentals around for your budget.
Maybe your stay at home partner can get out during the week for a squiz.

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...se,Terrace,Townhouse,Villa,Warehouse&p=30&o=p

BTW, would you and any other adults staying in the property pass a TICA search????
Not sure about the retinitis pigmentosa ! (had to google that one). We haven't actually made much of an effort to look yet so that's probably why we haven't found anything. I suppose in our price range it isn't as tight as the media has recently made it out to be - so it could be fairly painless.

Would be fantastic though if somebody popped up on this forum and said "I've got the perfect place for you" - makes it easy for both parties. That's why I thought I'd throw it up here.

I actually don't know what a TICA search - maybe you could tell me - but even without knowing what it is I can almost guarantee you we would pass it - we have a very uneventfull past! :)

Back