Looking for aluminium or powder-coated steel window bargeboards

We currently have wooden bargeboards (the upside-down V-shaped pieces of wood - see attached diagram) under our roofs.
I have sourced a quote to paint and repair these, as well as remove the rotting wooden decorations underneath (redundant, so no need to replace).
We are trying to get the bargeboards replaced with aluminium or powder-coated steel so we don't have to keep repairing them.
Any recommendations please?

Attachments

• bargeboard.jpg
    bargeboard.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 424
  • window decoration.jpg
    window decoration.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 204
...as well as remove the rotting wooden decorations underneath (redundant, so no need to replace)...

Seriously? Those barge boards are the difference between a valuable character property, and a cheap & nasty weatherboard.

Might as well get rid of that arched window and put in a low-maintenance aluminium slider, too.

Thanks Vaughan.

Oh sorry, all photos attached are not my actual property, they're just stock photos from the net.

I'm replacing the bargeboards, but removing the decorative stuff hanging underneath.

End product should look like the 'gabled roof barge' in the attached photo.

There will be a bargeboard there, but it will just be plain.

I don't have photos of my property atm.

I'm just glad to be able to get strata to repair the bargeboards, let alone have any decorations!

I'm happy to do without the decorations.

Attachments

• fascia-barge-steel-fascia-stratco-features.jpg
    fascia-barge-steel-fascia-stratco-features.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,069
This property has the Stratco/Lysaght/Ace fascias - also incorporates clip on guttering as well. Noone needs to get up 7m to the fascias or 10m to the rooftop. Everything up there, including fretwork is all metal and powdercoated or colorbond.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    696.5 KB · Views: 586
Last edited:
Thanks.
I'll give stratco a call.
According to the brochure, you can install their colorbond fascias over the existing rotted wooden fascias. It's like clicking a lid on a Tupperware container.
They make it sound so easy.
Any caveats?
What is underneath a fascia or bargeboard anyway?

Thanks Scott. Apparently stratco is coming to quote on our property. They have contractors.
Another owner is organising it.
I don't know who else is coming to quote. Normally strata get 3 quotes.

Back