Looking for land close to brisbane! Where to buy for future subdivide?

Hey guys,

Im looking for insight as to the best suburbs to look for acreage land close to Brisbane??

Looking for places with the best prospects of subdivisions?? We want to throw a cheap demountable/relocatable on their first, whilst we owner/build our dream home and sell the relocatable once completed??

I was thinking the Dayboro area, really looks nice.

Wanting at least 4 acres. As a guide. Flexible on this though.

Budget is flexible however was thinking around the $450k mark.

Cheers

Hey guys,

Im looking for insight as to the best suburbs to look for acreage land close to Brisbane??

Looking for places with the best prospects of subdivisions?? We want to throw a cheap demountable/relocatable on their first, whilst we owner/build our dream home and sell the relocatable once completed??

I was thinking the Dayboro area, really looks nice.

Wanting at least 4 acres. As a guide. Flexible on this though.

Budget is flexible however was thinking around the $450k mark.

Cheers

I'd look at the western corridor. Perhaps North West of Ipswich. Lowood way.

BTW I have no experience in this stuff and I am making a huge judgement.

Apologies.

I'd look at the western corridor. Perhaps North West of Ipswich. Lowood way.

BTW I have no experience in this stuff and I am making a huge judgement.

Apologies.

Thank you Roachy,

I have a property in the western area at Bellbird Park that I purchased for $310k in 2009.. Cant even get $270k on it these days although growth of late has been ok.

Will have a look however. Thanks and go the Broncs!@@@!!

So the hunt is still on.

Had a look at Dayboro and Ocean View however they were just too far out from the big smoke.

Have been leaning now more towards Cashmere or Kurwongbar, or alternatively Redbank Plains or Springfield area.

Any other areas please advise as im always welcoming some good feedback :)

Thanks

Cashmere is near me. Kurwongbah might be right next to the town water reservoir, but it does not have any town water connection and there are no plans to change that AFAIK. Nice reasonable priced acreage blocks in Burpengary and Narangba, about an hour by train to the CBD.

Maybe try between Samford and Dayboro for your budget. Samsonvale is very nice. I doubt one could subdivide though.

Don't go west, it is much hotter in Summer and colder in Winter than Moreton Bay Region.

So we are still researching...

Our search has taken us near the springfield/greenbank/New Beith corridor..

What are peoples thoughts of properties in this area?? 5 acres with 3bed house for $415k.??

I suppose I will outline more to what we are targeting.

We would like to purchase or build a PPOR with large land and would like to treat it as a 10+ year investment..

Reasons I would like to treat it as a long term investment is that not only are we a family of 6, but we would also like to be within 30mins-1hr of Brisbane CBD.

My thoughts are this.. The CBD is heading North all the way to Caboolture, so thats getting too far out for what we want, plus we both commute to cbd for work.

South eastern corridor is pretty much connected through to the Gold Coast.

Our thoughts are towards Springfield, Greenbank area as surely there is certain scope for demand for development over the years to extend out that way??

I understand flooding in some parts to be an issue, but would like to know what peoples thoughts are about the growth prospect of this area?

Thanks

I'm looking toward Brassel as a good place for future developments. People who work at Amberley airbase will always be looking for quality accommodation in close proximity and you might find the land around Chuwar which seems to be doing pretty good.

So the hunt is still on.

Had a look at Dayboro and Ocean View however they were just too far out from the big smoke.

Have been leaning now more towards Cashmere or Kurwongbar, or alternatively Redbank Plains or Springfield area.

Any other areas please advise as im always welcoming some good feedback :)

Thanks

The odd decent one pops up fairly often around here, and is quite a good area , this would of been a good buy and went quickly

http://www.realestate.com.au/116281023

Also this sold quick

www.realestate.com.au/116608711

Back