Lotus users, little help

Hi all,

My wife has Lotus Notes (think that's the name of the program?) as her mail client at work.

Can anyone who uses or is familiar with this product give me instructions that I can pass on to her so that she can change the format of her emails.

She has it stuck on 'Plain Text' which drives me crazy, and I want her to change it to HTML format. I know it can be done as she switched desks the other day and the computer there was in HTML format, but her computer had to be reset or something (issues with techs) and now it's back to Plain Text again.

I know in Outlook it's simple: Tools > Options > Mail Format > Then change setting to HTML

Anyone know Lotus procedure?

Trouble with Notes is that there's many versions each of which is an equally horrible mess, and each of which can have its interface customised by the company into a completely unpredictable but still horrible mess.

That said, under my Notes 6.5.4: File | Preferences | User Preferences... | "Mail" node | "Internet" subnode | "Internet Mail format". Options are "HTML only", "Plain text only", "HTML and Plain text", "Prompt when sending"

Thanks for that Dcarr, unfortunately she tried that and it didn't change it.

Looks like I'm doomed to suffer plain text email day in day out *sigh*

In Notes 8.5 try File --> Preferences.

A pop-up box will appear.

In the left hand side, you will see a Mail option with a + sign next to it. Expand this and find Internet.

Under "Format for Internet Style Reply or Forward" you can choose your mail format.

You can have the following options
i. HTML and Plain Text
ii. Plain Text
iii. HTML Only
iv. Prompt when Sending.

Choose HTML Only

Press "OK"

This is in a section of the Notes client that cannot be customised by developers.

So it seems that there is some consistency between versions of Notes, contrary to what the previous post has stated.

If it doesn't work, try stopping and starting the Notes client. or opening and closing your mail file.

Hope that helps you out Steve.

Back