Lovegroove drive, Quakers hill

Hi Guys,

One of my friends has put an offer on this standalone (battleaxe house for PPOR) and asked my advice on whether he should go ahead after looking at the location and inspection report.
57, Lovegroove drive

There is leakage in the bathroom (needs full replacement) and some typical issues that come with a 35 year house. There is a stormwater pit behind the backyard and obv the frontyard overlooks the front house. Out of the 688 sqm land, more than 150sqm is the long drive way. It is a walking distance to the station

I have given him pros an cons and said that I would buy as an investment, but not residence.

I would appreciate, if someone staying in that area (or having access to details) can provide me a rough estimate on whether it is good buy in low 400s?

Although I don't know the area well, but from looking on pricefinder and the recent sold prices along that street, I wouldn't be paying more than $370k for it. 40 Lovegrove with a street frontage and modern internals sold for $420 4 months ago and number 145 Lovegrove, on a corner block sold for $382k.

If it was me I would be looking elsewhere. The stormwater drain is unpleasant and will always prove unpopular, along with having the house back to front.

Unfortunately houses are selling in a couple of days at this price bracket so there is not a lot of choice.

If it was me I would be looking elsewhere. The stormwater drain is unpleasant and will always prove unpopular, along with having the house back to front.

Unfortunately houses are selling in a couple of days at this price bracket so there is not a lot of choice.

Yeah, he is getting out of it. How looking elsewhere in Quakers Hill for 450+. I am not sure if that is a good suburb to spend that much amount.

Thanks guys.

Back