Majorly ANNOYED

That's why no one wants anyone jumping in without knowing the facts. Soooo much is just not worth it unless you were buying it to be your PPOR - and even then we might give someone a slap up the head gently :)

There will be the occassional gem and when you see it you need to have all the facts ready to say "ummmm a, b, c, d ...... = yes! Offer!"

i could have made 50 offers for properties in brisbane ... more confident with that market, perth, have not come close to making one - which is a good thing - am not jumping in

brisbane - i have to decide whether I am still buying emotionally as its my home town, or buying with facts and figures in mind ... same with melbourne which I love. But that's me that loves it, and I am not buying a property for me to live in.

I would LOVE to have a go at renovating an inner city terrace Sydney - there are some fabulous dumps around the $650-750K

but the practicalities of doing a reno from perth .... not for me

I just do't feel good about Perth one little bit.

I have to say, my sifting through of Perth listings have come up with much more 'potentials' in the last 3 months than the 6 months before that.

They are certainly out there, and usually in the 500k to 700k bracket.

You need to do a lot of research before you start to get annoyed about missing out on these 'opportunities.' Because, it may not have been an opportunity and you don't want to get upset if it wasnt!

Bassendean council has several 'rules' (rather a list of rules) to satisfy the R40 bit in an R20/40 situation. Perhaps ring the council and ask the planner there. I can't remember the rules for the life of me.

INVSTOR, they have been talking about it for ages, but nothing is happening!
Yes, another one for the higher zoning is that if you want to build a triplex or more they need street frontage so effectively corner blocks satisfy that requirement. Will hopefully change with approval from WAPC.... One day!!

Now I get to kick myself. These were on the market about 2 years ago before the changes to minimum lot size under the R-Codes. They were marketed as a 3 unit site but when the new R-Codes came out I knew they were a 4 unit site before the owners/agents knew. 2 problems: they were on the market for "offers" and I had no money :(

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-cloverdale-116086979

I wonder why they have to be sold together? They are on separate titles.

I would buy 17. Not interested in 19 though and certainly not together. I don't have a million bucks... and if I did, I would not spend it in Cloverdale of all places!

I did post this property in her other thread last week before it hit the market.
Looks like good location, close to train.

Not sure if its r20/30 or just r30.

Possible triplex site stca or possibly push for multis being so close to public transport.

Cheers

I did post this property in her other thread last week before it hit the market.
Looks like good location, close to train.

Not sure if its r20/30 or just r30.

Possible triplex site stca or possibly push for multis being so close to public transport.

Cheers
My info says R20/30 but it would be good to confirm with the LG. They don't have intramaps!

It's an ok price for a triplex site. I was thinking more for duplex it's a bit much.

My info says R20/30 but it would be good to confirm with the LG. They don't have intramaps!

It's an ok price for a triplex site. I was thinking more for duplex it's a bit much.

Yep. R20/30. http://online.planning.wa.gov.au/LP... of (Scheme 10)/Map 02 - Bassendean South.pdf

For the higher code:

"5.3.1.2 Subdivision or development in excess of the lower density coding shall be considered to be acceptable to Council where:-
(a) in the opinion of Council the lot has a road frontage sufficient to allow at least two homes and a shared accessway, where required to service development to the rear;
(b) There is due regard for relevant Local Planning Policies;
(c) Identified heritage objectives are not compromised;
(d) The proposal demonstrates elements of water sensitive urban design; and
(e) The existing streetscape is being preserved."

I wonder what they mean by "water sensitive urban design"?

Also, does "the existing streescape is being preserved" mean retain and build at the back? I'm not sure sure that Geraldine St is worthy of retention... especially at that price.

To fix a mobile link, just replace the m with www.

$649,000 for 859sqm R20/30 seems like a lot. Maybe I have just lost perspective. What are the criteria for the higher code again? My mind has gone blank.

I wrote a long response and battery went flat!

Thanks, will have to remember the www.

I was told by basso agent riverside of Guildford Rd was sel Ling for $100,000 more than other side. About 12 yrs ago there was a $10,000 difference. What's the diff for Garret Road, Bayswater, division of Guildford Road, Maylands, and Mt Lawley.?

Yep. R20/30. http://online.planning.wa.gov.au/LP... of (Scheme 10)/Map 02 - Bassendean South.pdf

For the higher code:

"5.3.1.2 Subdivision or development in excess of the lower density coding shall be considered to be acceptable to Council where:-
(a) in the opinion of Council the lot has a road frontage sufficient to allow at least two homes and a shared accessway, where required to service development to the rear;
(b) There is due regard for relevant Local Planning Policies;
(c) Identified heritage objectives are not compromised;
(d) The proposal demonstrates elements of water sensitive urban design; and
(e) The existing streetscape is being preserved."

I wonder what they mean by "water sensitive urban design"?

Also, does "the existing streescape is being preserved" mean retain and build at the back? I'm not sure sure that Geraldine St is worthy of retention... especially at that price.
I would imagine water sensitive, means that you chose appropriate landscaping that does not need continuous watering!

Back