Making an offer - was I wrong?

Great advice Belbo! Looks like a did a bit of a blunder there by answering.
Will do a locko response next time :p

Yep, Locko's response is a good one (particularly with the word 'mate' tacked on to take the sting out of its tail).

The absent (vague, possibly business?) 'partner' also works a treat to parry their question and inject your own: "Well, as I've said, these things always depend on my partner. But another question I have is . . . ?"

This making offers by email, and getting some call from the REA saying someone is higher is so dodgey ..
I was in one of those situations a while ago, and told the agent to shove it.

What I don't get is why don't they collect everyones offers onto a proper letter of offer and advise if you're successful or not.

This phone call stuff annoys me ..

I hope you wouldn't tell them how much you'd pay for a particular place though!

Well, yes I do when I make an offer :)

I have a look around at a few and then after an inspection when they ring me to follow up, I might say a price but only if I am interested.

I want them to know that I want to buy something but as it is only an IP it has to be priced right.

I have a friend who copied me and he was getting rung up by the agents when someone dropped their asking price but before it was advertised. He ended up getting first crack after a price reduction and got a good buy.

Back