Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 shot down over Ukraine, 295 dead, 27 Australians dead

The bill would be massive. They would be getting a lot of allowances while over there for work. Not to mention the cost if the c17 among other assets mobilized.
All for some smelly Russian pricks that couldn't operate equipment they shouldn't have been supplied.

Or the alternative, Ukraine shot it down for reasons unknown and have managed to blame it on Russian rebels. Crime of the century if that's the case.

So I take it you didn't read past the article header either?:rolleyes:

Maybe the issue is that he's not a corrupt despot? Following the logic of your statement we can call any leader that, and if you disagree - well that just means you don't have access to effective media.

In the ballpark.

The bill would be massive. They would be getting a lot of allowances while over there for work. Not to mention the cost if the c17 among other assets mobilized.

Yep. I'd reckon on at least $5K per person per day. Give it (round number) 350 that means ca $2 million per day. Let's say it takes 90 days ( that's the sort of time being discussed ) thats $180 million. Yep. I'm in the ballpark. Per 39 lost people that's $4.5 million per person. If we spent the same on every living Australian it's about $135 billion. LL

I saw that and had a laugh. He would have been dealt with by now. The knuckleheads who pressed the button on that missile and then boasted about it would have been sent on a long holiday, too.

Yep. I'd reckon on at least $5K per person per day. Give it (round number) 350 that means ca $2 million per day. Let's say it takes 90 days ( that's the sort of time being discussed ) thats $180 million. Yep. I'm in the ballpark. Per 39 lost people that's $4.5 million per person. If we spent the same on every living Australian it's about $135 billion. LL

$5K per person per day?? I don't think so!!!
Are you telling me if they were there for 90 days they would earn 450,000. I think this is a bit of an exaggeration.

He admits he isn't trained to make those observations.
And Missiles explode before hitting the plane destroying it with shrapnel. To the untrained eye could appear to be machine gun.
Machine guns can't fire 10km into the sky
If a fighter jet shot it down with machine gun fire it would have to be flying near the plane giving the pilots some warning. And would also be observed on radar.

I think you've been drinking the bong water.

He admits he isn't trained to make those observations.
And Missiles explode before hitting the plane destroying it with shrapnel. To the untrained eye could appear to be machine gun.
Machine guns can't fire 10km into the sky
If a fighter jet shot it down with machine gun fire it would have to be flying near the plane giving the pilots some warning. And would also be observed on radar.

I think you've been drinking the bong water.

yeah, whatever.

look at the info russians released at their briefing couple of days after the crash.
there was an unidentified plane on the radar near the MH-17

I love this. Everything is either US propaganda, or pure fact straight from the Russian Govt mouthpieces.

http://www.economist.com/news/leade...consequences-his-people-and-outside-world-web

Understand the realpolitik and you will understand by nature both sides will be playing the same game. Your strict adherence to the Russian line gives you zero credibility. Look, I understand you have some ethnic identity thing going on here, but you have just drunk all the kool-aid and look silly holding this absolutist pro Russia line.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do take the point that western media is biased.

Personally I believe that it is possible that Ukraine, pro Russian rebels, or possibly even the Russians could have shot down the plane.

There is not just one side fighting. Nobody is blameless in the fighting.

I do however find it ironic that somebody who complains about the bias in the western media presents a view which is at least as much biased (just a supporting a different side), and a view which cannot accept that any blame whatsoever can be laid against the absolutely blameless Russian speaking Ukrainians.

America?s plane truth: Flight 655
Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Velayati speaks during a special session of the UN Security Council regarding the US downing of Iran Air flight 655.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this. Everything is either US propaganda, or pure fact straight from the Russian Govt mouthpieces.

http://www.economist.com/news/leade...consequences-his-people-and-outside-world-web

Understand the realpolitik and you will understand by nature both sides will be playing the same game. Your strict adherence to the Russian line gives you zero credibility. Look, I understand you have some ethnic identity thing going on here, but you have just drunk all the kool-aid and look silly holding this absolutist pro Russia line.

The fact that you think I'm holding an absolutist pro-Russian line is in itself a good indication of brainwashing.

Anyone who isn't would just compare the evidence presented by both sides so far and see which side doesn't have a case

I do however find it ironic that somebody who complains about the bias in the western media presents a view which is at least as much biased (just a supporting a different side), and a view which cannot accept that any blame whatsoever can be laid against the absolutely blameless Russian speaking Ukrainians.

If you are talking about me then your statement is an outright lie. If you re-read my posts you'll find that I accept that possibility of it being rebels exists but is very unlikely.

The fact that you think I'm holding an absolutist pro-Russian line is in itself a good indication of brainwashing.

Anyone who isn't would just compare the evidence presented by both sides so far and see which side doesn't have a case

ha. you got me ;) your posts all seem rational and balanced.

My apologies.

It would have taken a lot of rereading to find that.

And your own statement indicates that I exaggerated only just slightly- it wasn't an outright lie.

The overwhelming view you give is that it must have been Ukraine because they are bad and Russian speaking Ukrainians are good. The chance of it being otherwise is very small. Close to zero, just not quite zero.

not quite.

i'm saying that Ukraine got a nazi government in power, that is committing crimes against humanity every day, and people who support their actions are bad, regardless of which language they speak.

they have also been consistently exposed lying for the past 3 months about their actions, denying that they are committing those crimes despite overwhelming evidence suggesting they did.

their standard response to everything is "our forces weren't there/didn't conduct military operations."

so there is a pattern there. it could be that this one time they aren't lying, but if they lied previous 99 times the chances of it are pretty slim

Back