Malaysia - where to go?

Hot on your heels in July......gotta lose 5 kg first to get ready!

I wouldn't be suprised if I've added 5kg in the last 4 days!

I was in little India in Brickfields yesterday and feasted on all sorts of "stuff" for the princely sum of 10 ringit - including my coke.

A few hours later and I was on some outdoor restaurant strip chowing down on roast duck.

Looking forward to hitting the treadmill when I get back.

Cheers

Jamie

I have forgotten the name now...but the large national park, very old is great...google it and you should find it...you can get to it on a long tail boat, a few hours up the river viewing all the riverside life.

Also the water park near KL is excellent...a hotel built in the old quarry...half above, half below and the water park itself is awesome for kids....I loved it....its called Sunway Lagoon.

Hi, interesting to read all these posts about my home country.
Currently 68km East of KL. Durian lovers, come to Bentong! When I came back in December, the rambutans & mangosteens were all over the place. The workers said it's not worth the cost of fuel to try to pluck them all.

Now the bad.
I met some conwomen, 3 of them. Same bunch of Chinese women working a scam from 5 years ago. I actually went with them to a coffee shop & drank a Nescafe tarik! They paid.

Throughout, I was aware & was never hypnotized. I told them I believed in them & left.

A few days later, I saw 2 of them selling the same scam to an old lady. I tapped one on the shoulder [thought she was a victim] she turned & fled.

They have been arrested.

I'm going to Singapore this weekend. From KL, it's about 5 hours. I go by train in the night.

Marina Sands, welcome me again.

And enjoy Malaysia, those of you holidaying here, you need a couple of visits before you begin to know what's on here.

KY

Malaysia is a fantastic place for a holiday - so much interesting stuff to see, people are very friendly, the food is good, and it's still relatively cheap.

oh and the dragon fruit....drool!!!

we love langkawi for its beaches and the beautifully scenic trip up the chair lift to view all the surrounding islands in the turquiose water....

oh i look forward to going back there someday :)

The best fruit in the world....tropical world...is out now....the Lychee....a little juicy red ball packed with sweetness.

Just bought 9 kilos over last 2 weeks...direct from the farm....for circa $2 a kilo.

Malaysia

Hiya

Just curious SamSiam....are you Malaysian? Or are you "retired" in Malaysia?

Not to sound nosy but am planning to retire there myself:p and would like to hear more if i can:)

i think he is based in thailand.

yeah i would like to retire in malaysia too at some stage maybe 15 years from now.

i've looking to apply for the 2nd home scheme is so lucrative. they offering you bonuses to stay there like no tax on 2 cars which you can rent out and onsell, easy no paperwork for maids, easy access to purchase property and with the Ringgit to Aussie dollar at sometimes 3.5 it can go a long way down there and affordability. Also 7+ hour flight to melbourne or 5 hour to perth makes it not too far from australia. you can easily go to Hong kong or be in SE asia country within 2-3 hours flight.

i think he is based in thailand.

yeah i would like to retire in malaysia too at some stage maybe 15 years from now.

i've looking to apply for the 2nd home scheme is so lucrative. they offering you bonuses to stay there like no tax on 2 cars which you can rent out and onsell, easy no paperwork for maids, easy access to purchase property and with the Ringgit to Aussie dollar at sometimes 3.5 it can go a long way down there and affordability. Also 7+ hour flight to melbourne or 5 hour to perth makes it not too far from australia. you can easily go to Hong kong or be in SE asia country within 2-3 hours flight.

I dunno unless I was a Bumi Putra I wouldn't live in Malaysia.

Malaysia

Hiya

I think there was a poster Bobby who retired to KL with his wife; think he was based in Penang...

Re corruption, i think as long as you do not run a business and just plan to retire and vegetate, it should not touch you:p much!

I have no problem retiring there on the Golden Passport for half a year in winter but i have extra luggage: my hubby is "orang putih"; he says he can hack it but not that sure:eek:

Hiya

Just curious SamSiam....are you Malaysian? Or are you "retired" in Malaysia?

Not to sound nosy but am planning to retire there myself:p and would like to hear more if i can:)

As mentioned we live next door...Thailand...I am not Thai, nor malaysian....but Ozzi as most of you.

I have heard several good things about Malaysia re retiring, but also some not so good...shall try to find the not so good ones if you like.

As mentioned...corruption can get you around many things and it is the way here...good or not....I like it in small doses as it makes things so easy and simple.

Paying a copper here 100b for speeding or any other such thing is so much easier than the $200 fine or whatever it is in Oz for going 2k's over the limit and getting it in the mail a month later....then losing your license etc.....100b is around $3.00 by the way.

So many other things that you can do also and get away with...but as mentioned...it can bite you back one day and as long as you know that and play the game...so be it.

Back