Mandurah / Rockingham meeting of interested forumites

Come on guys, you've been home a few hours. We need a full report, role call and any new ideas of where we're all going to make our next squillion. :p

Lookin forward to hearin from you all.

Cheers :cool:

Thanks for the interest, SOS.

Lovely venue on a timber deck by the marina. Cloudy skies. :)

Neil & Jacki [Jacki] were there. Dave [dtraeger2k] & I met them & had a chat. After a little while KS arrived.

Later, Trish arrived; after a couple of phone calls to find out where we were. Trish was recommend to the gathering by Mark [Mark C] who was unavailable as he flew over east last night. Trish has not visited the forum, yet.

We were concerned that others may have attended and not found us 'cause we hadn't made any arrangements for others to identify/contact us. :eek: We were expecting some others.......

Discussion was general. Obvioulsy everyone all have different strategies, levels of achievement, knowledge, goals, etc.

There is currently much activity in the Mandurah market and expectation that it will continue strong in the short term and be good also in the long term.

About getting the next squillions. If you promise not to tell anyone, I'll let you know one secret matter we discussed. Basically buy up as much land as you can around Mandurah, and keep buying as much as you can, as often as you can. But the REAL secret bit, is to start 30 years' ago! ;)

:cool:

Pete said:
About getting the next squillions. If you promise not to tell anyone, I'll let you know one secret matter we discussed. Basically buy up as much land as you can around Mandurah, and keep buying as much as you can, as often as you can. But the REAL secret bit, is to start 30 years' ago! ;)

Thank you, thank you!! I promise i won't tell a soul.

SOS heads to his time travel machine parked out back
cleverly disguised as a Ferrari. :p He then wakes from his little dream. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a good time was had by all. From the sound of this thread earlier on I thought there would have been a few more turn up too. Its easier to get to know others in smaller groups so it was their loss. :p

Cheers :)

Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry I didn't make it yesterday. I was so ready but had to make a last minute priority shift concerning our 2 year old daughter.
It sounds like I missed a very valuable opportunity. :(
Please let us know when the next is planned and I'll try to keep in better touch on this forum.

Regards,

Reno-in-Sync

Pete
Glad you only told one person about Mandurah!!!!
I can see a Tsunami of investors building now.
Glad you had a good day.
cheers yadreamin

I must also apologise for non-attendance. Things have been so crazy lately that I haven't even been able to rant on this discussion board! I certainly hope we reschedule again.

I am looking at scheduling another meet - this time it will be in Rockingham.

This will accomodate slightly better for those closer to Perth and shave some time off their journey.

Not to mention I live there and would like an opportunity to show ppl first hand the mass of development going on at the Rockingham Foreshore.

At the moment the date I had in mind is Sunday the 13th March. I would like to go to the Y2K cafe (really nice meals here), but it is a little bit pricey. The alternative is one of the smaller cafe's on the strip.

Although chat was very general at the last meeting I did actually learn some very valuable gems of information/strategies which I am now far better educated in (Thanks for the pointer on Hybrid Discretionary Trusts and Dep-pro Dave).

One again can we get a show of interest? - this time I/we will wear something obvious that will easily identify who you are supposed to meet up with :)

<KS>

Rockingham

I'm up for Rockingham..

And one of the eateries on the foreshore, as Rockingham and Mandurah meetings would surely be part of the reason to go (Look at the area and its growth- look to the right as you head into town/ foreshore area at ROCKINGHAM)

Any locals or people with IP's in the area would be a great source of knowledge.

Maybe if we can bring some data from the council, government or builders re the area and discuss it?

Sorry i didn't make the Mandurah trip, i spent the day looking at land and knock-down/development sites in one of the older suburbs in PERTH with good size blocks (The area looks good Ausprop ;) just have some decissions to make)

I believe WA as a Whole still has a lot of strength in the Market, Steel prices/housing prices are going up and there is still a backlog of properties being built..

PETE, the time machine sounds great where do you get one?

You could go back 3 years and still have a win..have youseenm what Mark HAY is doing in GERALDTON?

Last edited:
Hiya Redwing,

Would have been good to meet you at the Mandurah meet.

Which area(s) are you currently looking at for development? I have a time machine, do you want to buy it off me, name your price its worth it :D

Lastly , Im not really sure I'd go for anything people such as Mark Hay are doing. It's mass marketed, and I'm not a huge fan of towns such as Geraldton, my strategy is to stick to the metro suburbs where the probability of long term growth is much higher.

time machine

Redwing,

There is always time machine, mate. Get on it now to look back from the future.

Buy when you can.

Hi All

I am all for another chance to meet. Can we make it March 20, Sunday before Easter? This Sunday is bit short notice for me. I am happy with Rockingham, coz being a novice, it sounds like I will learn a heap no matter where its held.

Cheers,
Reno-in-sync

the P.I.G.s

Found a reasonable picture

Attachments

• P.I.G.jpg
    P.I.G.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 66
Can those interested in another Meet please PM me so I can make sure its worth putting one together.

I will give it a week for final numbers and then organise a date and place suitable for everyone shortly after easter.

<KS>

Meeting locations and options

Is there any particular reason why the meetings were planned for down in mandurah.

How many of the forumites live close to perth and would prefer or can suggest an alternate place to have an informal meeting. I for one would prefer to spend an hour extra talking with people exchanging our current situations and stratedgies rather then travelling in a car.

Regards,
Jarrad

Back