Mandurah/southern corridor again

Yeah so much easier with phone or iPad cause smaller, and in Europe so now laptop
cause I use Internet mainly for just researching stuff ,was thinking of getting iPad

Mandurah has been in a slump for some time now, but things are looking up since the city has kept growing, vacancy rates are down and interest rates make it more affordable to buy.
We just decided to push the button on stage 1 of a larger land development. House and land packages (31 Lots) near the train station and education campus. Expect pricing from about $320k http://www.centralparkmandurah.com.au/index.html

How big would your blocks be on average

Conservatively about $390 to $420. The we are building have some unique features such as fronting a park and being within walking distance to the new shopping center. I am hoping to onsell for 400k plus when they are complete. Also the house is close to the private baptist school which is popular.

Lakelands is good due to train right at the front and reasonable quality houses being built in the area.

What's the rent like??

Cheers
MTR

Budapest so beuitiful of a night if you like there go to prague simalar
Untouched through war
Also pritty cheap both places compared to aus enjoy your trip

Where is new/proposed train station being built Warnbro- Mandurah

Lakelands is good due to train right at the front and reasonable quality houses being built in the area.

What's the rent like??

Cheers
MTR

is the proposed Karnup train station at Paganoni st we're talking about? or is their another station proposed/built in Lakelands?

is it confirmed go ahead? what is the approx timeframe? I saw this article, maybe its not going ahead?
http://www.coastlive.com.au/news/coast-news/entry/news/karnup-train-station-another-broken-promise

sorry I live few thousand KM from Mandurah, and don't know Perth well.

What's the rent like??

Cheers
MTR

Rental prices falling in Lakelands. Too many properties on the market. Vacancy rate quite high due to many new houses built.

Rents are actually falling everywhere I am told at the moment.

Part of the cycle, FHB finding it cheaper to buy than rent, so now we have an oversupply, something to consider when holding property.

Rents are actually falling everywhere I am told at the moment.

Part of the cycle, FHB finding it cheaper to buy than rent, so now we have an oversupply, something to consider when holding property.

I'm curious if Perth landlords are dropping rents or advertising for same amount.

I'm curious if Perth landlords are dropping rents or advertising for same amount.

I can not speak for all areas, but a couple of agents have told me that properties are not renting as quickly and yes, they have had to drop the rents, 12 months ago different story. Damn it

I can not speak for all areas, but a couple of agents have told me that properties are not renting as quickly and yes, they have had to drop the rents, 12 months ago different story. Damn it[/QUOTE

My previous tenant in Lakelands was paying $420. Right now i'm struggling to find a new tenant and i've dropped the price down to $400.

I have noticed an increase of sold properties in the last month
2 sold in our street this week alone.
the houses selling seem to be 500k and under or development blocks.
There is a lot of stock out there to choose from and there is some screaming bargains to be had in the Million $ market.
I have been burnt badly here in Mandurah and after 6 years l can see the light at the end of the tunnel at LONG last.
Not to worry its still a beautiful place to live and l am healthy enough to enjoy it.
It will as always come back up again in prices.
This time l will be a seller .:)
I am a big believer for TIMING the market [now:(]
cheers
yadreamin

I have noticed an increase of sold properties in the last month
2 sold in our street this week alone.
the houses selling seem to be 500k and under or development blocks.
There is a lot of stock out there to choose from and there is some screaming bargains to be had in the Million $ market.
I have been burnt badly here in Mandurah and after 6 years l can see the light at the end of the tunnel at LONG last.
Not to worry its still a beautiful place to live and l am healthy enough to enjoy it.
It will as always come back up again in prices.
This time l will be a seller .:)
I am a big believer for TIMING the market [now:(]
cheers
yadreamin

Hi yadreamin
Article in the West yesterday regarding Mandurah property pretty much summing up exactly what you have posted. Mandurah has bottomed off, however there are still bargain to be had $1M+ which has not year recovered.

Thanks MTR .I must have a read. Another sold near me yesterday.:)
I actually do think prices have crept up a bit in the last 2 months. Been poking around a bit this morning ad l am quietly happy with what see:)
cheers
yadreamin

Back