Mans Best Friend(s)

Our gorgeous fur child departed a bit over a month ago.

Sorry to hear about your dog :( They really do become part of your family.

We have a 12yo Golden Retriever named Sophie and an 8 year old cat named Nemo.

Attachments

• Sophie and Nemo.JPG
    Sophie and Nemo.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 242
We live in a rental and our pup is Sterling Archer a 12 month old Ridgeback x ? (German shepard, maybe staffy?) all up he about Kelpie sized with a bit more muscle he only weights about 22kg.

He is extremly smart but going through a bit of an angsty growing phase and his mood can very day to day.

We have two cats who we love to a ridiculous extent (we won't even take holidays because we know they'll stress).

Recently, I've seriously been considering adopting a dog (a Labrador) and, I have to say, this thread is swaying me towards 'yes, I must!'.

I was a bit concerned about how the cats would take it, but after reading lots and lots of anecdotal tales on the Internet, it seems that most socialable cats will take well to a puppy of a 'gentle' breed.

My other concern was the whole housetraining thing, the early morning walks and, also, being a cat person, the 'uncleaniness' of dogs in general. I'm so used to self-cleaning animals! I know, I'm a terrible person...

2 Dogs,one about 12 years old black kelpie,he went through a bad period of having fits, about 3 years ago but he's good now,the other is from nth nsw found her on the side of the road out the back of woop-woop while looking for gold,she is a kelpie also there was no micro-chips on her very smart dog..

We have 2 dogs-

Cooper- 5 year old Groodle (Golden retriever x standard Poodle). Weighs in at 40kgs and has been my best mate since I got him. Loves food but loves his ball more

Willow- 3 year old Groodle. Has just had pups and is the sweetest dog i've ever known. Comes inside and sits on the couch with us while Cooper lays on the floor keeping guard of his princess

I was a bit concerned about how the cats would take it, but after reading lots and lots of anecdotal tales on the Internet, it seems that most socialable cats will take well to a puppy of a 'gentle' breed.

My other concern was the whole housetraining thing, the early morning walks and, also, being a cat person, the 'uncleaniness' of dogs in general. I'm so used to self-cleaning animals! I know, I'm a terrible person...

Our dog and cat love each other. They are best friends. The cat often sleeps in the dog kennel with the dog. I've watched them tickling each other.

In regard to the dog being unclean - just wash it regularly. We have a mobile dog washer come once a month and the dog usually smells ok.

Recently, I've seriously been considering adopting a dog (a Labrador) and, I have to say, this thread is swaying me towards 'yes, I must!'.

Yes - you must!

Cats and dogs can get on fine - esspecially if you get a pup. The pup will be curious of the cat, the cat will belt the dog a couple of times and that will be that. Unlike cats you can train dogs to leave the cat alone (and after a couple of swats on the snozza the dog will learn quick enough) :D

I have Bomber, a border collie x Kelpie. He is incredibly smart and awsomly handsome (he gets it from me :D)
And an all black cat named Kevin. Kevin grew up with Bomber and thinks he is a dog. He comes when you call him, and enjoys coming for a walk around the park when we walk the dog.

They make your life worth living :)

Blacky

Attachments

• IMG_2370.jpg
    IMG_2370.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 79
Our dog and cat love each other. They are best friends. The cat often sleeps in the dog kennel with the dog. I've watched them tickling each other.

I have Bomber, a border collie x Kelpie. He is incredibly smart and awsomly handsome (he gets it from me :D)
And an all black cat named Kevin. Kevin grew up with Bomber and thinks he is a dog. He comes when you call him, and enjoys coming for a walk around the park when we walk the dog.

Too cute to both posts. Seems like an awful lot of cats and dogs become close friends.

And, yes, Bomber is very handsome indeed :)

Yes - you must!

Cats and dogs can get on fine - esspecially if you get a pup. The pup will be curious of the cat, the cat will belt the dog a couple of times and that will be that. Unlike cats you can train dogs to leave the cat alone (and after a couple of swats on the snozza the dog will learn quick enough) :D

They make your life worth living :)

Blacky
That's a nice looking dog,i have one like that one just not as much brown in the legs,we have 5 laying hens in the back yard i let them out each afternoon,and just watching her as i let the hens out she always looks up at me thinking,will i or won't i,very smart dogs..

This is my Siberian Husky, his name is Wolf (previous ower named him that, I got him at 3.5 years old through Husky Rescue).

He is now 6.5 years old and still a complete doofus :)

wolf8.jpg

Sam - 11 month old lab/retriever cross
Cali - 4 month old black lab

Lots of chewed up power cords, wicker furniture, socks fluffy toys etc etc

Back