map of historical growth of our capital cities

Talking with a few guys around Perth, who are about (normal) retirement age, has made me realise that 50 years' ago, or so, Perth must have been a small city.

It got me thinking, does anyone know a resource that would show the extent of Perth (or other capitals) over time.

I'm imagining a map that would show the limits of the city in say 1930, 1940, 1950, 1960, 1970, 1980, 1990 & 2000. Or the population density at similar intervals. Or average lot size. Or something like that.

I'd like to use that to ponder the future - particularly of Perth - over the next few decades.

regards,

Pete said:
It got me thinking, does anyone know a resource that would show the extent of Perth (or other capitals) over time.

I'm imagining a map that would show the limits of the city in say 1930, 1940, 1950, 1960, 1970, 1980, 1990 & 2000. Or the population density at similar intervals. Or average lot size. Or something like that.

Dear Pete,

This post of mine should help as a start. I'm sure others would be interested if you can find the same for other cities.

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17355&highlight=macroplan

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Thanks, Sunstone.

Beatiful, Sunstone. What a gem. Exactly the sort of thing I was thinking. And already posted last year. Thanks.

Just got to get something for Perth....

Back