March floods. NSW and Vic.

Looks like this will be another major flood event. 100's of mills of rain already and heaps more to come.

I wasn't expected to get much at all, just light showers, but it's moved north a bit and I've got 25 mills already and some models have me getting a lot more now.

Warragamba dam will fill in a few hours.

Things are gunna be bad in southern and central NSW, plus lots of other places.

Hows everyone doing?

See ya's.

Seems to be mostly up around the border, Shepparton + area, eg around Goulburn Valley Equine Clinic @ Congupna, very flat country. Many of the States north east roads are closed. Heard it is around the 75% flooding for NSW now. Been more rain here overnight, now had around 70mm, just a shower compared to some.

Todays radar is pretty incredible.

We're safe ... always buy on the top of the hill! But spent some time today out Lovedale (Cessnock) way today looking at properties.

There were a few creeks up over some roads there and only just passable in the high sprung Pajero.

We have been as close to flooding as you can get without flooding. I've had 250mm spread over the last month. There is water continually running off the farm. Water over roads everywhere. There is gonna be a lot of patching up of gravel and bitumen, but nothing serious like other places.

I hope it stops soon and goes into a dry autumn-winter so we can get the crops in early this year. :)

Back