Mark Mandall Reno manual

RE : Mark Mandal Reno Manual

Any one purchased one of these, as I would like some feedback ?

In typical freestyler fashion, I am sure it will have a hook and a back end for upselling to a boot camp or similar ?

Richie

Originally posted by Richie Rich
RE : Mark Mandal Reno Manual

Any one purchased one of these, as I would like some feedback ?

In typical freestyler fashion, I am sure it will have a hook and a back end for upselling to a boot camp or similar ?

Richie

a backend...is that a "hanging" offence???

Sheesh. Freestylers is a business - Nivia's. You can't blame her for wanting to make a buck.

If you don't think there's value in the "back end" camps etc then don't go! Simple. I must admit that I actually agree with what I assume is your view about the lack of value in their current seminar program (but that's just a personal view :rolleyes: ...if something comes up that is worthwhile I'll be there with bells on :D )

Personally I think TW has contributed a great deal to this forum - perhaps you've not been on the board long enough to have read some of her past posts...(actually it's a damn shame she no longer contributes...:( )

I applaud your caution, but let's not talk Freestylers down for wanting to make some money - after all, that's what we're all after ;)

Cheers
N.

Ahhh,
Yeah, it's okay, very simple, easy to understand, I haven't read the whole thing yet, which could be done in a few hours. No really mind-blowing revelations (yet). I wouldn't pay what they are asking for it, though.
It's not worth the asking price, based on the old padding trick they use. If I had paid for it, I would have felt slighted. I already told them this, I don't know whether they have taken my views into consideration. In my opinion, I would sit tight and wait for Michael Croft's manual to come out. Either that or buy a bunch of reno books at the bookstore. More value for money.
If they cut the price by about 80% and saved a few trees, it would probably be worth considering to purchase as a starter.

Mark
'no hat, some cattle'

Thanks for that Mark. I hadn't seen you for a while, so wasn't sure if you would respond.

I missed Marks' reno do in Canberra due to parental responsibilities (Careful, New Dad Soon).

Somethin I picked up recently- not renos, more makeovers- "Auction squad" ideas for room makeovers. A few good ideas- at $10 at our ACT Angus & Robertson bookshop- "New Rooms- a Practical Home Makeover Guide". $250 glossy pages- many ideas not practical, a few good.

In the meantime, I'll wait for Michael's manual and course. Even then cashflow may be tight, I'll have to see when details come out.

Originally posted by Mark Laszczuk
Ahhh,
Yeah, it's okay, very simple, easy to understand, I haven't read the whole thing yet, which could be done in a few hours. No really mind-blowing revelations (yet). I wouldn't pay what they are asking for it, though.
It's not worth the asking price, based on the old padding trick they use. If I had paid for it, I would have felt slighted. I already told them this, I don't know whether they have taken my views into consideration. In my opinion, I would sit tight and wait for Michael Croft's manual to come out. Either that or buy a bunch of reno books at the bookstore. More value for money.
If they cut the price by about 80% and saved a few trees, it would probably be worth considering to purchase as a starter.

Mark
'no hat, some cattle'

100% agree Mark.

"If I had paid for it, I would have felt slighted." I did and I do.

I will be buying Michael's book and doing any course /seminar he puts forward. I know I will get my moneys worth there. This one was a gamble and I lost.

Jude

I will be buying Michael's book and doing any course /seminar he puts forward. I know I will get my moneys worth there. This one was a gamble and I lost.

Just playing Devil's Advocate here, but what makes you think the course will deliver more than the manual?

Logic would suggest that the manual should have more detail than the course, because usually time is a limiting factor in delivering a course, therefore he doesn't have time to tell you everything (eg. he might concentrate on the "nitty gritty").

Kevmeister,

Replying non-specifically, I've found over the years that generally face-to-face courses do deliver value beyond the manuals as they allow the speaker/s to talk about all those little secrets that they don't remember to put in the manuals (which are more general & formally prepared).

Also you get the opportunity to ask specific questions and network with other participants who may also have valuable information.

I do prefer courses where you get the manual before the seminar though. Then you can brush up on all the basics ahead of time and focus in the seminar on asking questions on areas you don't clearly understand.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Aceyducey:

Good points. I guess I figured the manual would be more of a brain dump. Didn't think about the value the "interactivity" and "networking" brings.

G'day Kev,

I think you might be mixing up a Mark with a Michael in your response:-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just playing Devil's Advocate here, but what makes you think the course will deliver more than the manual?

The manual Jacque bought was Mark's - the course/seminar she is going to is Michael's.....

Regards,

Dear guys,

I went to Mark Mandall's event in Brisbane on Wednesday night.........

Number of IP's currently owned by Mark M............... Zero. So focussed on doing them up and selling them in a rising market that he had to sell them. Says after coming back from Sydney and Melbourne that he wishes he had held onto them.

When asked again why he sold them? Said he has to do something to support his lifestyle.............

Did I get my money's worth for the night? Well considering that I had to sit through 30 minutes of Tony Commisso who was disagreeing with too many things that Dale has stated........... Hey on some things I don't need three different accountants opinions............

I did learn a couple of things but overall I was disappointed. Certainly hope that Michael Croft can get his manual and seminars out soon to fill the definite need out there in the IP community.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

I think you might be mixing up a Mark with a Michael in your response...

Hi Les, you're right. I did misunderstand the comment. Although I guess the question (in a more generic form) was still worth asking...

Originally posted by Sunstone

Did I get my money's worth for the night? Well considering that I had to sit through 30 minutes of Tony Commisso who was disagreeing with too many things that Dale has stated...........

Oooeer interesting, I love to hear differing points of view

remember any details sunstone ?

Advice from multiple accountants

For the record, I use Tony Commisso for my accountant and I have been extremely happy with the service I get.

I have noted several discrepancies between advice I have been given by Tony and comments that Dale has made on the forum.

Now the thing is, they are mostly in areas of Taxation, which we all should be aware is not a black-and-white area - a lot of it is subject to interpretation.

So who do I believe ?

It's not about who I believe - it's about who will be supporting me with my accounts. My chosen accountant is Tony - so I will be relying on his advice since I expect it to be him who backs me up if I ever get audited.

This does not mean I don't respect Dale's comments or advice - I consider Dale to be an excellent accountant who gives excellent advice, and from talking to people who use Dale as an accountant, I have heard nothing other than praise for him. In my personal dealings with Dale I have found him to be full of integrity and of sound mind (when it comes to accounting anyway - when it comes to other areas he's just plain wierd :D ).

I choose to use Tony as my accountant, so I still listen to Dale - and if I have concerns with what Dale says, then I take them up with Tony - and rely on Tony's advice.

Similarly, if I used Dale as my accountant and then heard Tony say things which contradicted what Dale says - then I would ask Dale for clarification and rely on Dale's advice - since I would be expecting Dale to back me up in the case of an audit.

I will also say that in my opinion you should not rely on comments made by Dale or any accountant in this forum as "accounting advice" - because you may be taking what they say out of context - especially when the information was given in answer to someone else who may be in a different situation to you.

This forum is not a substitute for your own accountant - you should treat the comments as information only and rely on your own accountant for advice since they should know your personal circumstances intimately.

Re: Advice from multiple accountants

Originally posted by Sim

In my personal dealings with Dale I have found him to be full of integrity and of sound mind (when it comes to accounting anyway - when it comes to other areas he's just plain wierd :D ).

Hi Sim

"plain wierd", huh? Mmmmm, was it the cowboy boots? The or, the whipped cream?

Have fun

Dale

Yes, I agree with Sim'. Use the advice that YOUR accountant gives you. I read somewhere not too long ago that ten tax auditors were given the same return to audit and came up up with ten different figures - go figure. As long as you keep as honest as possible, then ya should be okay.

Mark
'no hat, some cattle'

Ummm.....
I saw my name mentioned by Les but lay no claim to owning any reno manual or even having done a reno course. My best reference to date is my Readers Digest DIY, among others. Failing that, I pay a tradesman :D

Back