Matusik Fail

http://matusikmissive.com.au/2014/04/06/6926/

Following on from some posts about the bikes and the new law in Queensland, we have an opinion piece by a mildly known property commentator and estate agent.

Shame he didnt do any research into the piece apart from listening to 3AW or 2UE. If he had he would have realised that bike riders are in exactly the demographic he wants to target his investment properties to. That is, high income earners with a higher than average disposable income.

Why would he deliberately antagonise part of his target demographic with this drivel? Why did he choose this topic for his blog when every other entry is related to property or investing?

http://matusikmissive.com.au/2014/04/06/6926/

Why would he deliberately antagonise part of his target demographic with this drivel?

He didnt................ I mean the "on purpose" bit

As humans, we often let our emotions run our communications, indeed our lives.

When you are or become passionate about something, we tend to shoot first and think about the consequences when they arise. In other words, we comment before we have "all" the data available to make an informed decision.

This forum regularly has some good example of how that works.

ta
rolf

When I read about Queensland laws about bikes I assume motor bikes.

But it's about bicycles.

This guy objects to bicycle riders breaking road laws.

But it seems that people riding bicycles want to be able to break laws with impunity.

There's something Darwinian about that.

If bicycle riders wish to engage in risky, and even dangerous, behaviour at high risk to themselves, I shouldn't really object. It's not my problem if people really wish to die.

Wow, great point Geoff. But if he has such an interest in preventing others breaking laws shouldnt he be going to the police?

What does a new law designed to prevent injuries have to do with people breaking the law?

If it was a new law designed for motorist or pedestrian safety, would there be commentary on how stupid some car drivers behave on the roads? On how some pedestrians dont always cross at the lights?

When local roads had their speed limits reduced to 50kms, did anyone squeal about how it wont matter cause some silly pedestrians still throw themselves in front of cars?

Back