McMahons Point sydney

I suspect I know the answer to this, but ill ask it anyway-

Is it possible to get anything except a hole in the ground in McMahons Point in Sydney for under 450-500k?

With a median unit price of $815K I don't like your chances. Any reason for the suburb choice?

I realise that its an expensive area of town. All im after is cashflow and renting it out. Not looking at cap growth, just rental returns.
So, even a smaller 1 bed 1 bath 1 car unit may do.

Regarding the suburb, I just like that area and neighbouring suburbs - which seem to be pretty much as expensive. Id rather buy a unit in a blue chip area like this rather than something more substantial much further out for the price. As mentioned, just looking to get quick and easy rents. No maintenance, no hassles of finding a tenants, good tenant quality, etc.

I realise that its an expensive area of town. All im after is cashflow and renting it out. Not looking at cap growth, just rental returns.

Regarding the suburb, I just like that area and neighbouring suburbs - which seem to be pretty much as expensive. Id rather buy a unit in a blue chip area like this rather than something more substantial much further out for the price. As mentioned, just looking to get quick and easy rents. No maintenance, no hassles of finding a tenants, good tenant quality, etc.

What? There's no such thing quick and easy rents, no maintenance, no hassles, good tenant quality! Also this suburb is mostly about CG not CF! You have it the other way round...
Do a search on Domain or Realestate and type your $ amount you can afford and narrow down the suburbs you can afford, then you research those you are interested in.. start a search top down!:)

You may have to tick the carpark off the list to get in at anything with a 5 in front... market is very strong in the LNS right now so you may be better off looking further afield- try Neutral Bay etc.

I suspect I know the answer to this, but ill ask it anyway-

Is it possible to get anything except a hole in the ground in McMahons Point in Sydney for under 450-500k?

For 550k-600k, possibly, if your lucky. Just don't expect it to come with harbour views or parking. Good luck :)

Does anyone know which suburbs to look out for (apartment wise) if you want both harbour bridge and opera house view?

David I'm sorry but you are looking for a Unicorn.

If you up your budget by 300K then you may be more likely to find something then for every month that passes, add another 50K. ;)

The other option of course, is buy a boat... mooring fees however are astronomical.

vtt
:D

Last edited:
Not to discourage your efforts but you may find a decrepit subterranean company titled studio backing onto the railway tunnels being sold by an out of area agent with a desperate OS investor who is out of touch with the market.

Does anyone know which suburbs to look out for (apartment wise) if you want both harbour bridge and opera house view?

Look at anything along the harbour.

You can get city views from Carnes Hill, Potts Hill, Flemington, Punchbowl or Rhodes but you won't see the Opera House.

Back