Medibank Private Share Offer..

So did anyone get confirmation they got their allocation.
Just paid online after registering for a small amount but still no confirmation I got
any.

Edit:
Within 30 mins of asking this question just got email confirming full allocation.
It paid you to be a member and preregister.

So is anyone in medibank considering leaving and joining HCF the last left member owned
health fund in hoping they list one day with some free shares to members.

Last edited:
my mate loaded up on this one stock recently, I just couldn't understand why. Still can't. the general feeling pre-float was that they wouldn't/couldn't outperform and they were a buy and dump proposition, then he strapped his helmet on and went in and bought on market and is now down. strange!

This is about a 2% portfolio position for me. Held it since IPO. It's a cost out and scale proposition with ageing/growing population tailwind and although pricing is regulated, govt really wants/needs health insurers to be profitable. It's a defensive type of income stream as well. Really all this will take time to play out over years.

Now as for loading up on it at current SP, yeah not overly interesting :)

Luckily I sold all mine at $2.30. I did put a trigger to sell the remaining when the price drops to 2.30. My friend said "why sell it now, you should keep it etc etc". Now maybe I will buy it again if it hits $2.

I set a buy order on MPL at $1.99. Not sure if it will go under $2.
I also have a PUT option on ANZ at $31. It only went down to $31.12 today :(

Back