Melb apartment sold for $25m

Thanks for the detailed response, will go through.

Incidentally; even if it only appeals to single and 2 person households, is that a bad thing? Not all areas have to appeal to everyone

I don't know where you're getting your info from.

She lives in Canberra; a backwater burg filled to the brim with public servants. What I would be interested in, is the sum total of energy usage comparisons from living in a high rise compared to living in suburban hell.

That is, the total energy consumption of getting to/from work, including petrol, car maintenance, public transport maintenance, exhaust, etc. All the myriad details of what it takes to get people to and from work everyday, in other words, the real sum total of energy consumption.

Firstly, who is 'us' exactly?

Secondly, with 90% of it sold already, the people have spoken and the developers would have a hard time hearing your protests over the sound of KA-CHING.

That's great. Good for them.

What I would be interested in, is the sum total of energy usage comparisons from living in a high rise compared to living in suburban hell.

That is, the total energy consumption of getting to/from work, including petrol, car maintenance, public transport maintenance, exhaust, etc. All the myriad details of what it takes to get people to and from work everyday, in other words, the real sum total of energy consumption.

I think you're mistaking me for someone else. I thought my views against suburban sprawl were pretty evident from my points on this forum. You don't need to live in a 100 storey building to enjoy the amenities and convenience of inner city living. A well-planned neighbourhood of say five or six storey apartment buildings achieves the same result. Some visual inspiration for you:

caption.jpg

beyoglu.jpg

barcelona-city-wallpapers-5py-2

barcelona-city-wallpapers-5py-1024x675.jpg

From the black box recorder;
MELBOURNE TOWER QANTAS FOUR NINER FIVE HEAVY OVER
- MELBOURNE TOWER

REPORT REG GRUNDIES FLOOR 100 AUSTRALIA 108 OVER
- QANTAS FOUR NINER FIVE REPORT INTENTIONS WHEN ABLE OVER

QANTAS FOUR NINER FIVE EYES RIGHT OUT

Datto ( in usual sleeping attire with body pressed against bedroom window) : "Holey Moley, that plane is flying erratically scratch itch scratch ".

Yikes

Melbourne tower qantas four niner five heavy over
- melbourne tower

pan-pan pan-pan pan-pan hairy guts at five hundred over
- qantas four niner five say again all after hairy over

melbourne tower qantas four niner five confirm guts alert over
- traffic alert qantas four niner five turn right immediately climb and maintain one thousand over

melbourne tower qantas four niner five affirmative out

Back