Melbourne Meet up

A couple of forumites have expressed interest in having a meet up on Sunday 24th, as my family (Lil, Bargain Hunter & myself) will be in Melbourne at that time. I have been contemplating how to go about this as I am obviously not from Melbourne and have no idea on venues, however I have come up with a solution that may suit.

Only having tomorrow left before I leave, the possibility of not having internet access while away, and not wanting to give out my mobile number to an open forum, I have had a kind offer from another forumite to arrange something. So.....on that note, I will allow James GG to suggest a suitable time and venue, and anyone who would like to come along can post here with their replies. I hope this is suitable for everyone.

Looking forward to meeting up with you guys very much.

Please note that this is not the official Somersoft meeting. The official one is being held next Wed evening so if it is a choice between the two, and you can't make it, well, no hard feelings.

I have had a kind offer from another forumite to arrange something. So.....on that note, I will allow James GG to suggest a suitable time and venue, and anyone who would like to come along can post here with their replies.

Lol! Not quite how I remember the conversation, but that's ok. :rolleyes::p

Chrispy made the excellent suggestion of the Templestowe Hotel for lunch on Sunday. The Hotel took their time in confirming the booking so apologies for the late notice.

Date: Sunday 24th January
Time: 12pm onwards
Map: Click here

Please note that this is not the official Somersoft meeting. The official one is being held next Wed evening so if it is a choice between the two, and you can't make it, well, no hard feelings.

I'll be at both :)

Please rsvp on this thread if you can make it on Sunday. I'm looking forward to it.

For Wednesday's meeting, click and rsvp here.

I will be there at 12pm sharp for a quick drink and to say hello and then off to another lunch engagement.
Cheers
Harris

Thankyou James for organising today's lunch.

It was great to meet the Skater family and catch up with yourself, Harris and meet Mazda. :D

Chris

Great to meet up with everyone! And thank you James for arranging the meet-up.

Note to self: starve before I go to Templestowe Hotel. Too much yummy food, and only one stomach.

I think I was mumbling a little, was kinda nervous, so apologies about that. :eek:

1st chance at internet access.

Thankyou to James, Chrispy, Harris & Mazda. It was really lovely to get the chance to meet you. It was a shame that Harris had to leave so early, but appreciative of the tremendous effort he made since he had a prior engagement. No doubt we will have to be in Melbourne more often thanks to Lil, so hopefully we'll meet again. I had a really enjoyable day.

Back