MELBOURNE - MIG Xmas Dinner

Folks,

it is that time of the year again & as per our last discussions in our last meeting (October), it was agreed that we skip the November meeting & arrange for an early December Xmas party/gathering... With that in mind, we have managed to confirm a date & a venue for our Xmas dinner, details being:

When: Wednesday 14th December
Time: 6.30pm
Where: The Moreland Hotel
Address: 882 Sydney Rd, Brunswick
Booking name: Booking under "Somersoft"
Foods: they have a comprehensive menu (well priced) & you pay for food & drinks as you order them
Who: everyone is invited, feel free to bring along family or friends

Now, to ensure we have adequate seating, pls reply to this post if you intend to come along, indicating numbers (ie. coming with husband/wife/kids)... FYI, I have reserved 30 seats, which has been adequate in the past, but by RSVP'ing it would make life easier...

Cheers,

Manny.

Hi Manny

Could you put this on the Calendar, please to separate it out from general posts?

Mike and I will come.

And may I please encourage our single forum members to come, too? So often we think that meetings or social activities are for couples only, but the dinner meetings are very casual, and as we come in all shapes and sizes this is an opportunity to come along and share a meal, move around the tables and have a bit of a chat with everyone else.

No one monopolises the conversation (ahem!) and if you’re not a confident sort of person well, by the time you eat dinner and have a drink or a coffee or two you will have met some new friends and you can come and go when it suits you.

The Moreland is a great venue as the dining area is very spacious, and we can move around the tables during the evening.

So whether you are new to the Forum or a seasoned poster, do come and eat your dinner with us for a few hours and hear a few different points of view. This is one group of people who won’t scoff when you say you would like to own 35 investment properties or that you are a first home buyer scratching to find a way to buy your first home.

No one will try and sell you anything, and you may pick up some tips about doing a subdivision, changing light globes, what type of paint to use, how to get tiles to sit flat, how to finance a factory or how to work out capital gain.

All this and Roast of the Day, too!

Thanks for organising this, Manny and we look forward to celebrating Christmas at the Moreland with you soon.

Regards

Kristine

Oh! and if "Roast of the Day" or "Christmas" isn't your focus, do just come anyway, eat salad and celebrate 2005 - yet another very interesting year, winding to a close in a way quite unlike it started! Cheers!

Count me in unless I am in hospital having gall bladder out :(

Just waiting on the date for the op......will let you know if I can't make it

So it will be Cairns - London - Switzerland - Paris - Barcelona - London - Cairns and North Park (Bundoora) :D

Chris

Maybe I can find out how to start a similiar group closer to home?
Put me down for 2 and I will encourage partner to come too!
Ponyfire
ps what is MIG? Oh yeah, bit slow this morning, worked it for myself, Melbourne Investors Group. I know someone will tell me if I'm wrong!

We're still not certain we can make it Manny, it all depends on what dramas we face on Wednesday. Although we will be there if at all possible.

If we don't make it, I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and cya in the New Year!! :)

Thanks

Hello Manny et al

Thanks to you for organising this event and thanks to everyone who came and joined in.

It was lovely to see a few new faces and to catch up with familiar faces.

Everyone seems to have had a busy year and we all seemed to be happy to be together celebrating the end of another year.

Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year

I think we all deserve a pat on the back!!!

Cheers

Kristine

I agree with everything Kristine has said, yes thankyou Manny and thanks to everyone for making it such an enjoyable evening :)

Great to meet the Lockington sub-branch members :D

Wishing everyone a Great Christmas and a fantastic 2006

Chris

Back