Melbourne September 2010 Somersoft Meeting

I'll come along.

One for me please.

The AFL finals are over by then, so the MCG or Etihad Stadium should be available. Fairly central with good transport links :)

Hey Y-man, this is now becoming bigger than Texas, we're going to have a cracker turn out. :D

Regrettably, I must rescind my suggestion of the MCG :(

I did not forecast the hung grand final outcome. :cool:

Seriously, any firm venue yet? Is it Swinburne for sure?

Hey Y-man, this is now becoming bigger than Texas, we're going to have a cracker turn out. :D

Regrettably, I must rescind my suggestion of the MCG :(

I did not forecast the hung grand final outcome. :cool:

Seriously, any firm venue yet? Is it Swinburne for sure?

Hi Player and everyone else,

I'll should have a room confirmed tomorrow at Swinburne (not sure if there is a plan B! :eek:).

The Y-man

Hi All,

Apologies for keeping you in suspense!

Venue details as follows

Start time: 7:00PM

Wednesday 29th September

EN 205
(Level 2 EN building - on the south side of Glenferrie Station)

Swinburne Uni
Hawthorn Campus
John Street Hawthorn
Victoria 3122 AUSTRALIA

Please make sure you read parking signs (and closing times for those actually paying!)

There is free parking after 4pm on one side of Lyall and Elmie St (to the south side of Burwood Rd), as well as along Oxley St between these 2 (on the southern side).

Also along Auburn Rd (I think are mainly 2 hrs but untimed after 6pm) and Henry St (although this one can get a bit dark and intimidating next to the park).

For those who haven't been in the area recently, there is a row of new eateries and fast food joints near the corner of Wakefield St and Frederick St (to the north of Glenferrie Station)

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=-37.8....822285,145.037786&spn=0.003276,0.004812&z=18

Cheers,

The Y-man

Can 2 more people join the party ...

.. or is it "booked out" this time?

I'm a long term lurker here and suddenly thought it would be a good idea to actually meet some people. Would it be ok for two more complete strangers just to turn up?

Dress code ??

Is it possible to relax the dress code down to jacket and tie.....or is it the standard black tie ??

Is it possible to relax the dress code down to jacket and tie.....or is it the standard black tie ??

You are going to look mighty silly when you turn up all casual, while all the real investors are in black tie. How will we ever take you seriously?

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and never been to a meeting like this one but i really want to come along and listen and learn. Would it be ok?

And the dress code is black tie?

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and never been to a meeting like this one but i really want to come along and listen and learn. Would it be ok?

And the dress code is black tie?

Yes, please come along.

No, the dress code is actually Snuggies(R) due to the cold Melbourne weather.

If you don't have one, then neat casuals will just have to do :)

The Y-man

p.s. Maybe we should have a morphsuit meeting one day....

Back