Melbourne Surburb

Hi David,

Yes, it seems to be thriving - great restaurants, etc. I don't think you can actually get a town house for this price. But there are flats and units available under this price range.

If you're willing to slum it in Brunswick west, there's a few, eg:

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...eader=&c=95043791&s=vic&snf=rbs&tm=1184837029

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...eader=&c=95043791&s=vic&snf=rbs&tm=1184837029

It's ugly, but here's something in Brunswick itself:

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...eader=&c=12633342&s=vic&snf=rbs&tm=1184837209

This is much nicer, but likely to sell for over budget:

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...eader=&c=12633342&s=vic&snf=rbs&tm=1184837209

Peter

PLUS l am sooooo jacked off with agents in Vic NOT returning calls. Whats wrong with a bit of business curtesy:mad: :mad:
cheers yadreamin

You will have to chase them in this market. They are too busy! I had to request a section 32 for a property I was interested in numerous times. Only to be told to turn up to the inspection to pick one up!!

Regards Jason.

For a cheaper property I like the suburbs of Keysborough, Truganina, and Berwick. I do not know much about Truganina yet, just that it is in the West of Melbourne, near Altona and there seems to be a lot of new houses being built there. Anyone else have thoughts on these areas?

If you've got a little bit more to spend, Hawthorn and Kew are good areas for many reasons, e.g. great public transport, minimal crime, 7km's from city, pretty streets

For a cheaper property I like the suburbs of Keysborough, Truganina, and Berwick. I do not know much about Truganina yet, just that it is in the West of Melbourne, near Altona and there seems to be a lot of new houses being built there.

Keysborough - south of Springvale and on the rim of a massive low-socio-economic area around Dandenong. Limited public transport. Only thing going for it is Hailybury College.

Berwick - The 'Toorak' of Kath & Kim country and the best suburb in the area. Good selection of private schools and hospitals. Train service. Leafy boulevard in old part. Main street at Old Berwick is a rarity in the area, but the traffic through it is a deterrent. North side is better.

Trugannia. Nowhere near Altona. First homebuyer country with no scarcity value. The home of the state's notorious criminals thanks to three major prisons in the suburb (including Port Phillip). Little public transport except for the Sunshine - Laverton bus via the prisons.

How you can say it's a favourite (while admitting you know little about it) is beyond me!

Berwick - The 'Toorak' of Kath & Kim country and the best suburb in the area. Good selection of private schools and hospitals. Train service. Leafy boulevard in old part. Main street at Old Berwick is a rarity in the area, but the traffic through it is a deterrent. North side is better.

Agree totally. I have a place in 'Olde Berwick', walking distance to village (another rarity in these outer burbs - usually have Fountain Lakes type jobs). Supply is limited in this historic, leafy area (which is strange for an area out in this house and land package surrounding burbs).

The city of Casey is a huge growing area. The highest concentration of 0-4 year olds in the country. When those couples grow up they'll look to 'downsize' or 'upgrade' into 'Olde Berwick' (if things go to plan ;).

Had a quick look at Trugannia... after a developer/investment comp was pushing it...
seems to have a lot of rentals available... and even more sales and new homes.. going for pretty cheap by the look of things...

I'm fairly new to looking for an IP. All the states and suburbs mentioned on this forum sound great but I would like to do more detailed research into the ones that I like (as you would too).

I've noticed that suburbs with a freeway/motorway access is desirable from posts here. Why is this so important? I understand public trasnport, schools, shops... but don't quite understand the freeway importance.

Also, where and how do you guys do your research? If someone wanted, they could research the hell out of a suburb/property, so at which point do you say - 'OK that's good enough for me, I'm buying here!'

I have started researching on Domain.com.au which has this thing called property reports. These are fairly basic but good to look at what each suburb is doing price wise. For example I just compared Caulfield South to Glen Iris, which aren't that far away from one another, but have quite different growth. The graph for growth in Caulfield South has been going down a bit into the negatives whereas Glen Iris has been skyrocketing up. Both seem like reasonable areas to invest in to me, so what does it all mean?

Back