melbourne vs brisbane house -sub 350k

what are your thoughts on which area is better to buy at present ? melbourne or brisbane ? looking at a house sub 350k.

have been keeping an eye on keperra area, you could get ok homes in that price range earlier in the year but looks like prices have moved. any other areas you'd recommend ?

was thinking that brisbane was at bottom and now moving.....and dismissed melbourne bc it had its boom recently and thought prices there were too high to achieve futher growth, but some people say melbourne is moving too ? thoughts ?

You cant say House in Brisbane and sub $350K in the same sentence. Maybe you mean a unit, or a house at Redcliffe?

You cant say House in Brisbane and sub $350K in the same sentence. Maybe you mean a unit, or a house at Redcliffe?

You could say that back at the start of 2012 but yeah unless you want a property that floods often, then you won't get one for $350 000 in brisbane.

what are your thoughts on which area is better to buy at present ? melbourne or brisbane ? looking at a house sub 350k.

have been keeping an eye on keperra area, you could get ok homes in that price range earlier in the year but looks like prices have moved. any other areas you'd recommend ?

was thinking that brisbane was at bottom and now moving.....and dismissed melbourne bc it had its boom recently and thought prices there were too high to achieve futher growth, but some people say melbourne is moving too ? thoughts ?

At this point in time it is market sentiment that is driving the market, lots of positive spin.

I would say Brisbane is possibly a stronger bet at the moment, though Melbourne is also moving.

I looked at Keperra 4 years ago, if I am correct has a lot going for it, low entry level, large blocks, state housing commission area gentrifying and close to Brisbane, is this right? Look at surrounding areas, are they higher entry level??

Once you continue with your research, don't hang around as you do not want to be buying in a market which has started to boom, like Sydney, trying to secure properties with multiple offers on the table is no fun.

MTR

regarding sub 350k in brisbane.....keperra definately had houses selling for these prices earlier in the year. Now probably need to pay about 380k, and its not a flood zone area as i understand. keppera is 12k from city , so for that price it is still pretty good imo.

re: slacks creek....is that similar demographics as logan ? i know about logan, cheap prices, good yields...but am unsure based on the tenant profile.

yeah i know i shouldn't wait around for too long as the market is moving, but only got one in perth earlier this year, and would prefer to save a bit more money.

agree that public perception has brisbane the edge over melbourne for bigger or sooner growth.

I thought Slacks Creek is in Logan?

Thing I find hard is that some people class Brisbane as being only the BCC area, while other people class the greater Brisbane area, much of which is not increasing in values yet.

For example I do not live in the real Brisbane. It's border is at the other end of my local shopping centre.

I never gave a thought to Slacks Creek being in Logan, but I suppose if it is, then it is :). I wonder where the line is? I might have to google...

Never heard of Slacks Creek, but just having a look at the link and everything is pretty much under offer, very good sign.

Here is a new listed Reno op under $300k in Brisbane. This looks like great buying if you can manage a project like this.
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-ferny+hills-114680011?rsf=emailalert-propdetails

Back