melbourne where would you buy cheaper furniture or good for own home

just wondering where poeple find cheaper good

couches,
kitchen furniture
appliances

trading post is one place
opp shops
or just some good sales

its for someone who is fussy but also on a budget.

Francine

melbourne where to find cheaper furniture or appliances

just wondering where poeple find cheaper good quality

couches,
kitchen furniture
appliances

opp shops if you are lucky
or just some good sales like good guys are currently having

Francine

melbourne cheap couches or appliances?

for someone fussy who wants good condition items or new where can good deals be had for household furniture and appliances.

we saw a good sale at good guys

someone once told me of a seconds place

trading post sometimes has good things

anyone had expereince or places to tell me of please

FRancine.

eBay

I just furnished half my new PPOR with furniture from eBay.
I'm fussy, knew what I wanted, and was patient.
I've saved myself many thousands of dollars.

Lily

what about using the gumtree website? gumtree.com.au
I bought a cheap ikea wardrobe off there (rrp = $300, but bought for $150 when it was less than 6 months old)

Ive been using Fantastic Furniture for a few things, the quality is not so great, but its very cheap and some of the stuff actually looks pretty good.

I look at it if I get 3-4 years out of a couch then I am happy, as I would probably want to change the style of my place, repaint etc every 3-4 years anyway, so if that includes changing the furniture then it wouldnt bother me if all my items were cheap.

Ikea is also great, but seems to be getting a little more expensive these days, and the uqality is only as good as the person who puts it together :)

with furnitures, I recommend furniture shops in Dandenong along Dandenong-Frankston Rd.

With electrical appliances, I use The Good Guys in Dandenong usually. However, while their price is lower than many other places, their delivery service may not be up to scratch at times.

I'll go with Fantastic Furniture. They are especially good for packages- buy everything you need in one job lot.

I've used them to furnish bottom of the line units.

Buy second hand, if it's still structurally good it should last if it's stuffed already then don't buy one of them new.

Depends on what sort of quality you want? A good cabinet maker that has a small workshop and is a 1 man band will generally give you a good price, so if you want a $5k dining table get it custom made for $1500. But if you are thinking about $500 dining table with 8 chairs, they are all made in china or asia from little bits of wood all stuck together, buy a second hand one instead.

Have fun shopping for second hand, take your trailer and some blankets and rope. It's good fun. And haggle!:D

Cheers
Graeme

with furnitures, I recommend furniture shops in Dandenong along Dandenong-Frankston Rd.

With electrical appliances, I use The Good Guys in Dandenong usually. However, while their price is lower than many other places, their delivery service may not be up to scratch at times.

Beat me to it.

Further to that, one of the shops there is an ex-rental furniture place.

Can't think of the name, but it's right in the middle of all the others on the left side as you head south to Frangers.

just wondering where poeple find cheaper good

couches,
kitchen furniture
appliances

opp shops
or just some good sales

Francine

i have a red delta storage (from king furniture) and another brown designer sofa (bought from a shop off smith st, collingwood). they were previously used for staging in my apartment which was sold and now is in storage.

I feel like a furniture snob ... we looked in the cheaper shops, went ewwwww, looked in every bloody shop we came across and finally found what we want. For a whisker under $3000 (on special that day by sheer coincidence so we got a lot off) and made out of some kind of solid hardwood ...

*sigh* expensive tastes

my lounge room looks a million dollars

i bought new looking couches, both 2x 3 seater leather

and 2 3 seater non leather

all very high quality

for a song

eg 2 leather 3 seater for 1000
and 2 non leather 2 seaters for 400

all new condition

people move and need smaller furnitue or move in with a spouse and both have furniture or move overseas

there are lots of reasons

i've bought an almsot new stainless steal westinghouse fridge too for a song!

a gorgeous huge antique mirror

top quality exercise equipment and much much more.

ebay ebay ebay !

Back