Melbourne's comparable suburbs to Sydney's

Hi all,

I didnt get too much success with this question on the Property Investing forum so I thought I would give it a crack here. What are your thoughts as to what are Melbourne's comparable suburbs to Sydney's: Mount Druitt, Whalan, Shalvey, Willmot, Lethbridge Park, etc...???

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Engelo

Hi all,

I didnt get too much success with this question on the Property Investing forum so I thought I would give it a crack here. What are your thoughts as to what are Melbourne's comparable suburbs to Sydney's: Mount Druitt, Whalan, Shalvey, Willmot, Lethbridge Park, etc...???

Melton South, Doveton, Frankston North, Werribee (parts).

All seem to have lower rents than the Sydney suburbs above, but our housing stock might be better (ie more brick/less fibro).

St Albans, Coolaroo, Laverton, Broadmeadows & Dallas also have low socio-economics but are within 25km of the city.

Hi all,

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Engelo

Well when you label your thread "just lost $50,000" then say ha ha got your attention- people don't take you to seriously.

Same as your thread labelled "DON'T READ THIS". It worked- I didn't.

Wanted to make it a bit different instead of the boring one's like ''WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS" or '' HELP NEEDED'',etc...

Frankston, Scumshine, St Albans, Broadmeadows, Werribee, Noble Park. All pretty ordinary areas.

I'm not a Melbourne local so some others might be able to elaborate further.

Hi felixer,

What about some housing commission suburbs, can u name any? Thanks
The guy at the start of the thread pretty much named them. There's nothing in Melbourne as bad as Shalvey, Bidwill etc. Last time I ventured out that way the Shalvey shops was in some sort of cage apparatus with barbed wire. All the single Mums are 120kgs and bus drivers refuse to do their routes because all the kids throw rocks and dead cats at them.

Back