Misinformation by the bank - How to get payments refunded

Reviving this old thread.

My first property was due to be settled after much delays when the vendors asked to stay a bit more time, then the vendors solicitor/trustee not having signed the paper work delayed the settlement by about 5 working days. Only to figure that St George went to the settlement and came back blaming the vendors for having some sort of exposure which could be detrimental to the purchase.

In the end I got charged around $718 interest after the delay. The sore point was I was happy to delay the settlement for the vendors' requests and then negligence but when I needed some extra time because of "something" missing as per my lender I was charged the interest as the trustee/solicitor was "acting for their client's best interests". I called my bank lender to ask. She said, we were just trying to protect you! Yeh right. I called the St George complain center, emailed them the whole sequence of events. A week later I had a call from St George saying, "we are sorry, we rocked up at the settlement with the wrong documentation and will be paying back what you were charged". I was rather surprised they were even able to figure out what happened as the lender had refused to accept!

I decided, for her lack of ownership for the loss caused, I am not going through this lady every again!

Reviving this old thread.

My first property was due to be settled after much delays when the vendors asked to stay a bit more time, then the vendors solicitor/trustee not having signed the paper work delayed the settlement by about 5 working days. Only to figure that St George went to the settlement and came back blaming the vendors for having some sort of exposure which could be detrimental to the purchase.

In the end I got charged around $718 interest after the delay. The sore point was I was happy to delay the settlement for the vendors' requests and then negligence but when I needed some extra time because of "something" missing as per my lender I was charged the interest as the trustee/solicitor was "acting for their client's best interests". I called my bank lender to ask. She said, we were just trying to protect you! Yeh right. I called the St George complain center, emailed them the whole sequence of events. A week later I had a call from St George saying, "we are sorry, we rocked up at the settlement with the wrong documentation and will be paying back what you were charged". I was rather surprised they were even able to figure out what happened as the lender had refused to accept!

I decided, for her lack of ownership for the loss caused, I am not going through this lady every again!

Most lenders, properly and consistently challenged will roll over if there is any partly solid as evidence, as they should

ta

rolf

Back